pbr double piston caliper upgrade

bill302

Nov 2, 2005
alabama,gadsden
well here they are a set of pbr double piston calipers off a 2000 mustang the perfect upgrade for a fox with 5 lug upgrade 0r 94-95 mustang heres the link that will tell you how to do it....http://sn95brakes.com/sn95brakes.php ..i will be putting them on my stang tommorrow pictures will follow

pbrbrakedoublepistonupgrade.jpg

Attachments

• pbrbrakedoublepistonupgrade.jpg
    pbrbrakedoublepistonupgrade.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 946
  • Sponsors (?)

well i have installed them and everything went according to the link above but the banjo bolts are different on my 95 than the ones on the pbr brakes so i ordered a set of 2000 mustang GT banjo bolts from o'riellys they will be here tommorrow to complete the job heres some more pictures the old calipers are still connected hanging behind the pbr calipers until i get the new banjo bolts so the fluid won't drain dry....
pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06001.jpg

pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06002.jpg

pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06003.jpg

Attachments

• pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06002.jpg
    pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 266
  • pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06001.jpg
    pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 164
  • pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06003.jpg
    pbrbrakecaliper7-7-06003.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 371
Those look sexy. I like the red. I've been meaning to paint my calipers on my '03 red using the duplicolor kit. After seeing yours I may do it tomorrow.

You'll love the stopping power. My '03 stops really nice

Mustang5L5 said:
Those look sexy. I like the red. I've been meaning to paint my calipers on my '03 red using the duplicolor kit. After seeing yours I may do it tomorrow.

You'll love the stopping power. My '03 stops really nice

i used the dupli-color kit but the kit is $15-$17..a little pricey...

bill302 said:
also i think a master cylinder and booster upgrade is needed if you install the cobra or aftermarket larger rotors with calipers...

Nope, it's not. You can run the stock GT MC if you upgrade to Cobra fronts. The calipers are actually smaller than the 99+ GT/V6 PBR's. The Cobras use 40mm pistons (38mm in 94-98) while the GT PBR's use dual 44.5mm pistons.

well i was not able to finish the upgrade the stang is in the back yard on blocks until wednesday the bonjo bolts off the 95 calipers do not fit the 99-03 (early) calipers there a coarse thread and the pbr's are fine thread so i had to order the 1999-2003 (early) fine thread banjo bolts from the dealer and they will be in wednesday and i learned some good info...the 2000-2003 (early) stangs pbr front brake calipers have the fine thread banjo bolts and the late 2003 - present calipers have the coarse thread same as the 94-95 models....just some good info. to know.

Mustang5L5 said:
This thread finally inspired me to paint my calipers after having the kit for almost 6 months.
looking good Mustang5L5, thanks for asking Reed, between the new drilled and slotted rotors and pbr calipers the performance is awesome it seems to have twice the braking power i would highly recommend this upgrade you can't beat it for the price...about $275 brakes,calipers,front and rear drilled and slotted rotors..

When I did my 5 lug conversion I put the dual piston PBR calipers on too.They work great.But it seemed a shame to paint them since they are aluminum so I polished them to a nice shine which works well behind my '99 polished cobra wheels.