Performance Plus Dyno Pricing

Jd200287gt

Founding Member
Sep 23, 2002
Regina,Saskatchewan
Performance Plus : Dyno Pricing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Chassis dyno is up and running, and fully ready for anyone and everyone.

Single Baseline pull : $75
Hourly Rate (HP/TQ does not include sensors) : $100
Wideband A/F sensor : $35
Weld bung for o2 sensor (parts & install) : $35
Before and after test (includes baseline, no sensors) : $120

Come one come all.

Bookings will be available starting next week by phone only.

• Sponsors (?)

WOT said:
So wait that is 75 for a baseline, plus 35 for the A/F, and anouther 35 to install anouther bung.

So $145 for a pull? Wow.

Yeah, but the bung is a one time expense, or you can have one put in else where before hand. And if your gonna put a bung in and do the A/F you would more than likely just get an hour of time. then it's $170 but you can get 5-6 pulls in in an hour.

If you complain about the rates perhaps you should buy your own dyno, and hoist, and hire your own operator, etc.

Marcus said:
If you complain about the rates perhaps you should buy your own dyno, and hoist, and hire your own operator, etc.

Actually if he can comment on the rates, then I guess the forum can allow snide little comments like the one you just made.

Marcus said:
I don't think they have the tuning software anywhere close to up and running. And the number to talk to them is 249 3003.

Hmmm, well my tuner can tune over the phone, however I will wait until the new motor is here before I bring it up. Thank you though.

NoNOS said:
Actually if he can comment on the rates, then I guess the forum can allow snide little comments like the one you just made.

It's not a snide little comment dumbass. I've been there watching and helping get this thing setup from the start, I've seen how much work and cash went into it. The rates are decent, but if he doesn't think so then perhaps he should get his own and make his own rate. Calgary may be cheaper, but this isn't Calgary and the market here is different.

Marcus said:
It's not a snide little comment dumbass. I've been there watching and helping get this thing setup from the start, I've seen how much work and cash went into it. The rates are decent, but if he doesn't think so then perhaps he should get his own and make his own rate. Calgary may be cheaper, but this isn't Calgary and the market here is different.

weither you were there or not, this is a DISCUSSION forum, where we get to talk about this kinda stuff, about pricing and rates at any shop(including performance plus) for anything... just because you help them out and post here has nothign to do with if certian people here like the prices or not. he is perfectly entitled to his opinion.

and considering you are involved with performance plus, i dont think you should be commenting on what someone thinks about their prices (if you notice no one that works there bitches when someone says something thts too high)not to mention all the name calling isnt getting you anywhere.

not a flame, just my .02 :canada:

As I was saying yes I think the prices are high. But what do I know. Everyother dyno place here or in the state charges 100 bucks a hour. Or 250 and hour while tuning.

I just think 150+ just for dyno number and A/F is a little off.

WOT said:
As I was saying yes I think the prices are high. But what do I know. Everyother dyno place here or in the state charges 100 bucks a hour. Or 250 and hour while tuning.

I just think 150+ just for dyno number and A/F is a little off.

For the price Brian payed for the dyno and his time i think you guys should respect his pricing. I know it's expensive... But if i would drive to calgary the cost for fuel and food...would be double. So consider that!
And you guys should be nice to each other...

For an hour on the dyno( $100 CDN ) and the A/F( $35 CDN ), you are looking at $135.00 CDN, that is approx. $105 US. That is within $5 of what you would pay in the US a lot of dyno days, I don't see a problem with the pricing at all.

Yeah I dont see a problem with the pricing either, if you can sink thousands and thousands of dollars into your car on performance parts on top of the thousands of dollars you payed for the car, you should be able to drop 100 and some dollars to get it dyno'd and tuned if need be... like someone else said its still way cheaper then having to drive all the way to calgary ...
we are definitely lucky to have a dyno in sask and should respect the pricing aslong as its not to wacky, if itwas like 500 bucks to get on the dyno then yeah i say raise some hell...but these prices arent to bad at all...

I have a funny feeling that nobody is going to spend the expense of using the wideband sensor itself, let alone having a bung installed for one single pull, that would in fact be quite silly. Further more, he people who are coming down simply for a HP/TQ number, for the most part are not going to be using the A/F sensor anyway.

Running a mail-order/telephone tune, while quite possibly could, and in some cases, does work very well, will never be as bang on as a tune done in-house on a dyno, but kudos to anyone who can provide a safe, yet well performing tune with datalogs sent back and forth.

Our pricing is more than fair. We have the one of the most advanced dynos (In fact there is only two dyno's in western Canada - one in Winnipeg, another in Alberta - that have a higher horsepower capability than the MD-1100) in the Country. We based our prices to be competitive, yet fair, with the rest of the Market. You may find a place that is a few dollars cheaper here or there, but really, are you going to drive to Calgary to save some gas money? The reson the prices may be lower in Calgary (we're using them as an example I see) is that there are SEVEN dynos in the city alone, therefore there is a need for a more competitve market. We made the investment to bring the convenience of a chassis dyno to our province, and are more than convinced that the numbers we charge, are more than fair.

Hopefully we will be seeing each and every one of you in the future. Cheers.

Colin
--Performance Plus