Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Trac lok will be fine for what you are doing . My 31 spline unit has been in my rear since 2016 . Been 9.50s with it . It’s just starting to give up now finally after all the years of 500 plus hp of abuse . You won’t have an issue .

Get the carbon clutches that come in the cobra units .

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Trac lok will be fine for what you are doing . My 31 spline unit has been in my rear since 2016 . Been 9.50s with it . It’s just starting to give up now finally after all the years of 500 plus hp of abuse . You won’t have an issue .

Get the carbon clutches that come in the cobra units .
@TOOLOW91 im sure you’ve had your share of laughs with some unsuspecting victims on the street. Tell us your most memorable moments!
I’d love to see that thing pull the wheels off the ground at a stoplight, roasting some jacked up Honda Civic!! Lol
(Answer in your thread as to not hijack this one further if you like).

• Loved It!
Come on limp, nobody cares about your heavy, power robbing pig of a rear axle, modern warriors use the 'almighty 8.8' :hail:

At first glance, my brain saw this:

1670468998261.png

I said to myself, "Oh Boy" :rlaugh:

I'm getting ready to dig into this car tomorrow. I need to pull the transmission because ever since I put the new clutch in three years ago the rear main seal leaked. It has soaked down what was a new McLeod disk with motor oil. Im sure its a mess in there because when I give it gas it slips real bad at this point. So Im putting a new sleeve in. So we will be doing this together with pictures to come. I need to get this sleeve in right the first time.

@TOOLOW91 im sure you’ve had your share of laughs with some unsuspecting victims on the street. Tell us your most memorable moments!
I’d love to see that thing pull the wheels off the ground at a stoplight, roasting some jacked up Honda Civic!! Lol
(Answer in your thread as to not hijack this one further if you like).
Motorcycles are probably my favorites honestly . I have surprised quite a few bikes .

I'm sure your car is as quick as a bike, and thats saying something. My car has been off the road for a while. I took it out today for a long ride, and I sure do miss it.
1000 isn’t happening but 600-750 is a rip they are always shocked when you’re right there or put a little nudge on them

KIMG1100[1298].JPG
I just got rid of this Jeep TJ that I lost Five grand on. I had a head gasket go and replaced the head. Then I got a brand new head and it was still pushing steam out the tailpipe. So after several tries I gave up so I sold it on Craigslist fort $1500. Very disapointing for a guy who thinks he's a good garage mechanic. Jeeps really are pieces of crap. This thing broke constantly. I thought about putting a rebuilt motor in it. but thats four grand. Ready to drive the Fox again after a couple years

KIMG1100[1298].JPG
I just got rid of this Jeep TJ that I lost Five grand on. I had a head gasket go and replaced the head. Then I got a brand new head and it was still pushing steam out the tailpipe. So after several tries I gave up so I sold it on Craigslist fort $1500. Very disapointing for a guy who thinks he's a good garage mechanic. Jeeps really are pieces of crap. This thing broke constantly. I thought about putting a rebuilt motor in it. but thats four grand. Ready to drive the Fox again after a couple years
I work on more jeeps at work than I care to. People buy them and then realize they are complete garbage and trade them in for Toyota or Ford vehicles.