PI swap project, would like your ideas..

1blackgt96

Mar 17, 2009
Hey guys, I currently have a PI swap project going for my '96 Mustang NPI GT (info in sig) and just wanted to ask a few questions and get your opinion on what power gains and track times I'd be looking forward to.

I'm going to pick up a set of '04 GT PI heads this Saturday for $200 along with a set of VT Stage 1 cams never installed for $350, and I already have a PI intake. When I get the heads I will be having them cleaned up, resurfaced, and possibly decked a bit for some compression (little over 10.5:1). I'll also be going with 24 lb injectors w/ MAF, and a 255 fuel pump. On top of all of this, I'll be getting a dyno tune, and continue to spray my dry 100 shot.

Anyone have any suggestions on whether or not it'd be worth the extra 200 bucks to go with a set of stage 2's? And if I do stick with the stage 1's, should I upgrade valve springs even though they aren't required?

I'm getting the car dyno'd tomorrow out of curiosity and to get 'before' numbers.

• Sponsors (?)

i have powerheads stage 2 cams, but there pretty mild cams, alomot identical to other companys stage 1 cams, 540/540 lift, 225/230 duration @ .50, and a 112 lsa, i made 310rwhp with ported npi heads, 10.2:1 compression and longtubes, (rest of the mods are in my sig) and it has a great tq curve:drool:, and right now im getting my zex wet kit all wired up for a 125 shot:nice: hoping to make about 420rwhp and 450+rwtq

heres my dyno graph

dyno.jpg

those are some nice numbers man, and the Zex wet kit is the kit to go with on a 4.6. I'm kinda leaning towards the VT stage 2's, but damn that's gonna be costing me $900 for cams and springs compared to $350 for those stage 1's w/o springs..

those are some nice numbers man, and the Zex wet kit is the kit to go with on a 4.6. I'm kinda leaning towards the VT stage 2's, but damn that's gonna be costing me $900 for cams and springs compared to $350 for those stage 1's w/o springs..

i paid $400 for my cams, and $180 for the comp beehive springs, i was told i didnt need the springs, but ive been revving over 6k, so i figured its just cheap insurance:nice: