*PICS* - lowered on 18's (DUW maybe)

Here are some updated pics of my car with some changes. First of all, I got a set of silver 18x9.5 Y2K Cobra R wheels with Nitto NT555 285/35/18 and 275/35/18 tires from fellow StangNetter Tom Clark (69clark). He is a great guy to deal with, he even drove 4 1/2 hours to meet me half way so we wouldn't have to ship or worry about damages during shipping. I would recommend him to anyone who ever wants to buy from him:nice: . Secondly, I got Eibach Pro-Kit springs and couldn't be happier. The springs should settle more, because the car has just been sitting in a garage, so I imagine the springs will take longer to settle than if I were driving the car. The interesting thing is, when I was installing the new fronts, I found out that both front springs were broken.

What came out...
broken%20springs.jpg

Exterior Pics...
IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

a before and after comparison...
before%20after.jpg

and a couple engine shots...
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

All that is left to do is get the car aligned over Spring Break (springs should be settled all the way by then). Couldn't be happier with how the car looks.:banana:

• Sponsors (?)

S/CBlack95GT said:
Looks really good! Did you have your Cobra intake powercoated?

Nah, I took it off, stripped the factory powdercoating with aircraft stripper, then smoothed all the seams and casting texture. After that, a few coats of Dupli-Color 500 degree ceramic sliver went on with 600 grit wetsanding between each coat. I ploished the lettering on top, pretty happy with the results.

Wheels look sweet.....Nice detailing all around, that thing is pimp...:nice:
Running dumps???...:D Thats what i run on mine at the moment...I put the stock muffs dumped on it...I actually like it...

RIO5.0 said:
Running dumps???...:D Thats what i run on mine at the moment...I put the stock muffs dumped on it...I actually like it...

take a look at the sides right in front of the rear wheels lol :rolleyes: or were you bein sarcastic?? :scratch:

Thanks though, About the detailing, I am kinda like you, I paint damn near EVERY part I have contact with lol.

illwood said:
Very sexy car.

Don't I remember you posting that you built that strut tower brace yourself?

Yep. It was pretty fun, ALOT of measuring involved though. When you start trying to make the bends clear the intake tube, allow removal of the oil cap, and have enough room to pull the dipstick out it gets a bit frustrating. It was very fulfilling to make it myself instead of paying somebody else to have a robot make one for me. My dad and I just finished building a BIG garage with 12 foot ceilings, and he's getting a lift this summer. So I will probably be fabricating my own SFC's too (to clear the side exhaust). I'm also thinkin of makin a heavy duty replacement for the k-member brace (Steeda calls it the G-Trac bar I think) over spring break just for fun.

It was messing up the last time I was trying to correct it but I just took some new ones today that I'll have up soon. :nice:

I love red Stangs and am thinking of getting one that color or painting one red.