Pics of 18x10.5 Bullitt wheels.....

SALEENstang96

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2001
Wood Dale, Illinois
Here's a couple of pics from Mustangworld.com containg 18x10.5 wheels...NICE :hail2:

Attachments

• Deepdish Bullitt wheels copy.gif
    Deepdish Bullitt wheels copy.gif
    77 KB · Views: 2,589
  • Deepdish Bullitt wheels1 copy.gif
    Deepdish Bullitt wheels1 copy.gif
    73.4 KB · Views: 5,389
  • Sponsors (?)

So are there any issues with the width of those wheels. Any offset problems or bump steer/wheel kickback issues? The reason I ask is because Ford said there would be problems with deep dish wheels On the Mach 1 for just these reasons..

Here is the quote taken from MotorTrend...

"The other retro cue that falls short are the 17x8.0-in. nouveaux "Magnum 500" wheels. They don't even come close to looking as cool as the authentic chromed steel Mag 500s on the original; we blame the lack of rim offset (depth). Unfortunately, the rim depth required for that "deep dish" look would've caused steering kickback problems, according to Ford Engineering."

someone yell at me if i am wrong, but if your buying rims wouldn't you want something a little more differnet then the regular buillits i mean the are very nice but in those pics of them on the car from a distance they look almost the same as OEM

I like the stock Bullitt look but wanted a wider rim and always liked the deeper look better. It's just my opinion but I think they are noticeably
different and much meaner than stock bullits and wider after market bullitts that don't have the deep lip more "RETRO" thats what I like about them :shrug: :shrug:

Any one have the answers to the earlier rim weight questions ???

The issue with steering kickback is just that,... steering. His deep dish wheels are in the rear. (no steering)

I too like the bullets, but I like chrome for my ride. I might just get a set of the deep dish for the rear someday.

I still have my 17x8 OEM bullitts from my GT. I wonder what the cobra would look like with 17x8 front and 17x10.5 rear bullitt wheels???? anybody know of any pics of an 03 Cobra with Bullitts?

-Jason

EDIT: Never mind, their offset is equal to or less than the AFS wheels which I know will need IRS bolt modification and possibly wheel spacers to get proper clearance. :(