Please Help,5.0 Ho Swap Into F150

• Sponsors (?)

Can some one help I'd the intakes and where do I find the number I need to track this engine down see what it is. I might even get grumpy lol
Thats 'debate' not 'fight'.
If this were a fight I'd have my butt wooped, I'm to old to run now. :hide:
Hay I posted some pictures and nowcthatvi know how I'll be adding to it. I would appreciate any help. Wow you got a grumpiless message. Lol

To post a picture its simple from a phone. When you are in the reply box there's a button on the right side that says upload file. When you touch that button it'll bring up the folders in your phone. ..like downloads or picture gallery. All you have to do is click on your photo gallery and tap the picture. When it uploads yap the button that sys " full size " it'll then show up in the typing screen. Tap post reply and the text and picture gets posted.

It took me a while to figure all this forum stuff out.....I just got rid of my trusty flip phone not all that long ago.

Its super hard to ID intakes without pictures.

Are the holes on the top of the lower intake circles, ovals, or pointed rectangles ?

I still like good ole carbed engines but it takes a bunch to do it correctly. Gutting the in tank fuel pump and removing the primary fuel pump. Plumbing in a low pressure fuel pump, getting a carb, a carb intake, a vacuum advance distributor, fuel pressure regulator, wiring a choke, and removing all the un- needed stuff to make it look right.

Projects are always like that for me too. I stick with one idea....but jeesh...I think about a lot of other things I'd like to do to it.
Thank you

The one with the FOZE part number is for a 5.0 Mustang... FOAE is for a Lincoln or Crown Victoria.

To my knowledge the FOAE may be a little smaller internally. That's a regular 5.0 mustang intake.

Finally figured out how to post pics. It had aftermarket felpro head gaskets on it.

If you can find a 96- 98 ( I believe ) intake from a v8 explorer it would be just about the same as a cobra intake. The heads would be an upgrade as well...but they require certain headers because of the spark plug angle.

Reactions: 1 user
To post a picture its simple from a phone. When you are in the reply box there's a button on the right side that says upload file. When you touch that button it'll bring up the folders in your phone. ..like downloads or picture gallery. All you have to do is click on your photo gallery and tap the picture. When it uploads yap the button that sys " full size " it'll then show up in the typing screen. Tap post reply and the text and picture gets posted.

It took me a while to figure all this forum stuff out.....I just got rid of my trusty flip phone not all that long ago.

Its super hard to ID intakes without pictures.

Are the holes on the top of the lower intake circles, ovals, or pointed rectangles ?

I still like good ole carbed engines but it takes a bunch to do it correctly. Gutting the in tank fuel pump and removing the primary fuel pump. Plumbing in a low pressure fuel pump, getting a carb, a carb intake, a vacuum advance distributor, fuel pressure regulator, wiring a choke, and removing all the un- needed stuff to make it look right.

Projects are always like that for me too. I stick with one idea....but jeesh...I think about a lot of other things I'd like to do to it.
Thank you

Thanks for that and it's kinda scary.because they came from same place as the engine and if he lied.then what else did he lie about? But he seemed like a pretty honest guy so I'll give him the benefit of dought. On the engine how do I I'd that block? I'l post the heads with what he called the pocket porting. And maybe I'll stick the bore came in them and see if we can see the so called pocket porting.ive seen some port jobs but pocket porting is new to me. Sounded logical but will see what you guys think.

I'd like to say yes I could Google all this but then how are you guys gonna haze me. Lol my last name is hayes. I forgot I got a cool new nickname. About the 20th nickname.
I dont know anyone with as many as me.lol probably not something I should tell

The one with the FOZE part number is for a 5.0 Mustang... FOAE is for a Lincoln or Crown Victoria.

To my knowledge the FOAE may be a little smaller internally. That's a regular 5.0 mustang intake.

Finally figured out how to post pics. It had aftermarket felpro head gaskets on it.

If you can find a 96- 98 ( I believe ) intake from a v8 explorer it would be just about the same as a cobra intake. The heads would be an upgrade as well...but they require certain headers because of the spark plug angle.
So them exploer heads are gt40 i beileve. How much do you get out of bolting a set On? And i still need help with I'ding the block I realy don' know witch number is the one to search

Is this to old I see the other 150 swap is getting all kinds of answers I sit here waiting? I guess I'll take my grumpy ass somewhere where I can get some answers? You guys said you wanted to see how it went well. It'
Going crispy because I can' get any answers. Later

Yes, your truck intake will fit the gt40 heads, look at the front of the head where the accessories bolt on, three bars or 4 bars, the 4 bar heads will have different plug angle, it makes plug changes challenging with regular headers, I don't know if they make headers for the 4 bars heads anymore,
What are you goals for the truck? Just a driver, towing or ?

Thank you I'll need that when I figure out were that number is. Lol I'll just move on to Google I guess
Most of my picture help comes from Google lol
F1F606B3-9624-46E4-B0E7-DA0A783B482D.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users