Please Please!! Help The Stang Newb

t.Risper

Aug 17, 2014
Hello everyone I recently traded my bike for a 89 mustang gt I've always had a thing for fox body's but anywho when I first got the car it ran great the whole way home and as soon as I hit my toll it started jerking and the battery was dead, replaced the alt and battery it started right up but ran like crap then the battery died again, come to find out the alternator was never ran to the batt (relocated to the trunk). So after all of that the idle would surge up and down and when I would be cruising with my foot barely on the gas it would jerk and sput like I was doing 5mph in 5th gear (from the idle jumping up and down) it will only do this until the car warms up, then I can shut it off for ten minutes and restart it and it drives like a dream. Today I let it sit and warm up to operating temp and drove around all day not too many problems until I get home and hangout for about an hour then I went to head out and when I pulled out of my driveway it ran awful I was pushing the gas and it would very slowly bog up in rpms I immediately turned around and went home and now it will barely run when I start it its cranking very easy and when it does start I have to keep pressing the gas for it to run and the throttle fills unresponsive since I had the car I changed the oil changed plugs and wires changed the maf sensor cleaned the IAC and egr (that isn't functional) checked for vacuum leaks and it still ran like :poo: until it was warm I don't know much about the motor I was told it was rebuilt with a mild cam it has a msd ignition with blaster pack smog delete egr delete p/s delete and a/c delete pretty much stock oh and long tube headers please help me get my car running normal I'm tired of reading forums that end before the problem is solved

• Sponsors (?)

mY hEaDs SpInNiNg AftEr rEaDiNg tHaT

confused_smiley.gif

Reactions: 1 user