POS seat problems

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
i went to make a hard left turn the other day and my seat mounts just snapped on the left side of the seat sending me tipping into the center console. almost smashed into a gaurd rail, but cought myself and recovered. since then all but one mount is broke and when i took it out to see if i could weld it back together it was all mangled up.

I am a big boy, 6'1 about 275. I know i am a little big for a stang but come on, the seat mounts shouldn't break on me. Did any one else have any of these problems

ok now that you suffered through my boreing story, i have two questions

1. can you just change the seat rails or do i have to buy a new seat.
2. should i just save my money and buy a nice set of seats that doesn't reuse the old brackets.

• Sponsors (?)

Im a pretty big guy too. Im around 240. When I got my car one of the rear mounts was broken but it didnt move harldy at all, so I didnt worry about it. then the front on on the same side of the seat broke when I was getting in and scooting up in my seat. It is DEFINATELY dangerous to drive with it like that.

I was able to weld mine back together and they are holding up fine. But I plan on getting some new seats soon anyways. You can change just the rails. Look on eBay for some used ones. Or maybe a junkyard.

Good replies. When I got my car, the front driver side mount was snapped off (the seat would rock a bit because of it). The motor worked for about 2 runs forward and back before it decided that my butt was too heavy and it crapped out (actually, I knew the motor was toast when I got the car).

I did like Urban did and got a manual seat track. One thing I noted: I lost a TON of leg room because of this. I'm 6', 265# and my knees almost touch the knee panel below the dash.

The manual tracks are 50 bucks or less shipped. You can redrill a couple holes to get an extra inch of legroom or so. And it's a real simple swap (4 bolts to get the seats and tracks out, swap 4 bolts for the tracks to seat fastening, and rebolt the seat back into the car.

Ratcheting box wrenches can help make the seat removal quicker (I needed it because my seat was frozen where it last stopped).

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
One thing I noted: I lost a TON of leg room because of this. I'm 6', 265# and my knees almost touch the knee panel below the dash.
Thats why I still have my power tracks. I already have my seat all the way back.

Im a lowrider. lol

I'm not sure that a person's weight really matters. Like with mine, it was broken when I got the car. The PO was a stickman (the guy might have weighed 120 pounds. Seriously).

I looked at the metal they used and was not real impressed.

Bosko, more info on your seat track please. :)

Im not sure if those will work, I think they have to bolt up to the existing brackets, and if they are broken then thats out.

I am not a good welder at al land I was able to take the tracks off the seat and weld them up. The hardest part is getting a welding machine.

well i sucessfully snaped the last mount getting into the car tonight. my friends almost pissed themselves when rocked all the way back into the back seat. almost looked like michael ketton in gung ho, when he tries to test drive the car at the end of the movie. thank god they are drunk, they forgot about it quick when one of them tripped getting out of the car. i need to get this crap fixed soon.

can you swap the driver seat and passenger seat?

94GTMOOSE said:
well i sucessfully snaped the last mount getting into the car tonight. my friends almost pissed themselves when rocked all the way back into the back seat. almost looked like michael ketton in gung ho, when he tries to test drive the car at the end of the movie. thank god they are drunk, they forgot about it quick when one of them tripped getting out of the car. i need to get this crap fixed soon.

can you swap the driver seat and passenger seat?
You'll look cool driving from the back seat anyhow. :D

I've considered the seat track extenders before but believe they add onto the existing tracks - as opposed to replacing them. A quick call to Laurel Mountain Mustang should clear it up...............

Good luck.

not sure but whear it is but hear are some phottos of my 99-04 6 way seat track in my 95 vert.:D

i had to make a custom wiring harness using the old wiring harness it was very easy but it took me a week to figure it out:scratch:

it uses the same power hook up

pic of my 95 vert GT:nice: and brothers 91 taurus SHO:nice:

And finally a pic what it be like to drive from the back seat

and the one above that show the bottom of the seat, I had to cut out some squares so the seat would clear the track when all the way down, i also had to use some plastic spacers ther rear was lower then the track.

and today i finally finished putting the control in the seat, (boy do i hate cutting leather) and it fits and clears my legs.

Bosko, thank you for the info and pics. I knew of the NE seat track retrofit but didnt know they were 6 ways or that this was what you had. I'll have to see if I can scrounge something up since everything else I find sells for a fortune. :(

The ride is lookin good. :nice:

Oh yeah, I think Laurel Mountain Mustang is somewhere like Virginia..?? I cant remember.