Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

• Sponsors (?)

it went sideways too much.
And I wasn’t even driving it…technically I guess no one was. Thankfully, I have moved past that while managing to refrain from violence as well. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

Actually, it was an unfortunate series of events that, I believe, is behind me. Any one of the issues independently would have been easy, but when it rains, it pours. The last was a TFI issue that only came intermittently. Almost 1000 miles on the clock since the last time we were fighting.

Trying to keep the streak going, for sure. There’s a classic car show about an hour and a half North of us next weekend and the wife actually threw out the idea of driving the Mustang up there. :O_o:

My wife has been in my Mustang a few times, here and there. I’ll need to redo the AC if she wants to be a regular…… lol, but then again, as I get older, redoing the AC will probably be on my priority list as well.
If I hit up a Sunday show with some some of the other car guys in the family, the wife and daughter will usually come by around noon, grab something to eat, check out the cars, and especially the “swap meet/ flea market” area. Im happy they come support me, and they seem to have a good time doing it. But getting to a show at 8am and being there til 2 or 3 pm gets to be a long day even for me sometimes!
I also get their input on different things I do to the car, especially cosmetically……. So it’s definitely become more of a “family” project than it was in the past….. and I’m happy about that! Too many stories of the car being a wedge in the relationship, as opposed to a fun common bond!

Reactions: 1 users
My Wife doesn’t come anywhere near the car. She Thinks it’s the stupidest thing in the world and that all us car guys are a bunch of weirdos and nut jobs that are having mid-life crisis. She says it’s embarrassing. Lol
She leaves me alone though, let’s me spend all the money I want (almost), go to shows, Carlisle for a few days every year, anything I want, and is glad it makes me happy but wants nothing to do with it herself or with us together.
You guys with a wife in the front seat are lucky. I fly solo. Oh well....

When I was building my car it was often referred to as "the other woman".

Kidding aside, my wife drove an 89 4 cyl 5spd back in the late 90s until we needed a family car for the kids. We are planning a few road trips this summer in the stang.

I will say she gave the junk pyle two chances
1st time it was the usual alternator fire, sitting at a traffic light she says 'I smell smoke', I rolled through the light into a parking lot and shut it down, yup we be on fire, yank the battery cable off and poured a little drinking water on the alternator, unplugged it and drove home. NBD
2nd time I was pulling out of a side street, had to stick the nose out a little to see around a barricade, nothing coming right, wrong! On coming car was moving a little fast and I was committed so I tapped the gas and it got tail happy so I short shifted, I prolly rode it sideways a little longer than I needed to but it was fun.
Only thing she said on the way home was 'well we didn't catch fire'.
I always ask her if she wants to 'go for a ride' but the one word answer is always 'NOPE' :shrug:

My wife loves driving the Mustangs. She loves loud exhaust. She loves 3 pedals. She loves going to car shows. She watches car shows on TV with me. She looks at FB marketplace for cars and parts. Best of all she pretty much lets me buy what I want. Yup my wife is a car girl.

SN95 Cobra brake upgrade on my foxbody 1990 Mark 7 LSC. All Mark 7's came with 5 lug 4 wheel disc brakes. Factory front brakes are 10.9 inch but I wanted better brakes and better wheels. So it was a no brainer to go with a SN95 setup.

Attachments

• 90 LSC.jpg
    90 LSC.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: 3 users
My wife has never set foot in my Mustang and has no intention of ever doing so.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad....
Same, she thinks Foxes are ugly. The day I brought it home over 10 years ago I immediately started working on it cause there were tons of issues. She came out in the garage and asked "when are you going to be done working on that thing?" to which I replied "never... and I'm serious"

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My EX wife had enough of her own driving issues without worrying about me and my cars.....
Must of ran out of gas 50 times ( in the 20 years we were together) and left her headlights on almost daily after getting to work in the dark mornings...
Pretty sure there was an alcohol problem, and YES, that was MY FAULT also...... LOL.....

• Agree
  • Boring
Reactions: 1 users