Power window switch install details

I finished up most of the install Sunday afternoon, I haven't tested the window motors in the doors yet, that will be a little later this week. The Hotronic switches are really nice, I purchased the long shaft version, but I think the regular version would have worked fine in a 65 or 66 door. The switch mounts flush to the interior of the door shell, not to the regulator like on the later years. So I had a spacer plate made to give me the correct length so the crank would look correct once assembled. The door lock actuators are mounted with two phillips head screws thru the door shell into a plate I made, the holes for the actuator were slotted so I could change the angle of the actuator so it matches that of the lock rod. The rod ended up being only a couple of inches long, and the screws that lock it in place on the lock rod are a real pain in the a$$ to tighten. I made new harnesses and was able to reuse the original grommets from the courtesy light harness. A total of nine wires pass into each of the doors.

Here is a photo of the window switch next to the spacer plate that I had made.

597572_118_full.jpg

Here is the switch and spacer mounted in the door.

597572_119_full.jpg

This is the bracket attached to the actuator, there is a large hole under the phillips screws is for one of the door panel pins, it is not visible due to the vise jaws. There are two dimples in the door shell, I used these as a guide for where to drill the holes for the phillips screws.

597572_115_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)