Price check on 08's

• Sponsors (?)

Good question. I wondered that before buying a 2007 at x plan and a $1,645 rebate. It has to be higher with side air bags standard. I have been told by my dealer that orders are being taken but prices haven't been set.
I figured the cost would be higher, no rebates at first so I bought a 2007 equipped the way I wanted.
Time will tell.
Does anyone know 2008 pricing?

Good question. I wondered that before buying a 2007 at x plan and a $1,645 rebate. It has to be higher with side air bags standard. I have been told by my dealer that orders are being taken but prices haven't been set.
I figured the cost would be higher, no rebates at first so I bought a 2007 equipped the way I wanted.
Time will tell.
Does anyone know 2008 pricing?

What is X Plan? I keep seeing that term.

X plan works out to approximately invoice. Those who work for Ford get A plan, which is lower. Those who work for Ford and some companies that do work for Ford can get X plan numbers for friends.
If you know someone who works for Ford, ask. Odds are you can get an X plan number. It will save you varying amounts, depending on list price of the vehicle. On a Mustang, it was about $1,700.
Of course, a dealer may give you less for a trade. Ford pays the dealers a set fee to sell cars on X plan. So they look for other ways to make up the loss in potential profit. You still get the rebates.

Good question Stan. The Supreme Court just made a decision that has overturned many aspects of the Sherman Act relative to resale retail products and MSRP. This will more than likely impact "sticker prices" to the extent that prices will fluctuate within geographical retail markets versus the "suggested" price + mark up.

With the ruling made by the Justices, I would not make a guess on what prices will be since we will be in a whole new pricing market to the likes we have not seen in over 96 years. I guess in the end it will be whatever one is willing to pay.

Wow. That sounds very interesting. I might have to do some research on that and report back to anything I have found. My Unlce and cousin work for Ford directly in their truck plant. Could I get them to help me get an X plan deal on a new 08? The only bad thing is, I just found out on Monday that I will be deploying to Iraq in September. I have never been closer to owning a new Mustang let alone a Mustang at all. It's been my life long dream and now I'm concerned about buying one before I go. I think that I shouldn't, but I don't want anything bad to happend and I never get the chance to know what it's really like to be the owner of the best car ever made.

But otherwise, I want to look into that X plan and I have some positive equity in my Nissan Frontier now, so the X plan, plus some equity and cash down should turn me out a darn good deal. :)

They most definitely can get you an x plan. They just need some basic information, they make a phone call and in a few minutes they have a number you give to the dealer. It is that simple. And each of them can do several x numbers per year. Ford actually had a contest in my area to see who could give away the most x plan numbers. There were prizes of all sorts to Ford employees. I bought a new 2007 partially because I am 54 and don't know what the future will bring. My mother died in November, my cousin was murdered later that month and my best friend in grade school, high school and college died from lukemia earlier this year. We all wish you God's speed. The truth is that none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy life (and Mustangs) while you can.

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am a firm beliver that when it's my time, it doesn't matter what I'm doing or where I'm at, I will go. Sure, a hostile combat zone is more risky than say our Mustangs sometimes, but if I am meant to live through this deployment, then I will. Of course, that's not to say that I am going to go out and risk it all foolishly just to see what's going to happen. I appreciate your support and concern. It means a lot to have to aide of people I don't even know with similar interests. Did your Mustang help bring you any support or closure? That may seem like a funny question, but it depends on what makes you happy. Mustangs make me happy. It might help. Good luck.

They most definitely can get you an x plan. They just need some basic information, they make a phone call and in a few minutes they have a number you give to the dealer. It is that simple. And each of them can do several x numbers per year. Ford actually had a contest in my area to see who could give away the most x plan numbers. There were prizes of all sorts to Ford employees. I bought a new 2007 partially because I am 54 and don't know what the future will bring. My mother died in November, my cousin was murdered later that month and my best friend in grade school, high school and college died from lukemia earlier this year. We all wish you God's speed. The truth is that none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy life (and Mustangs) while you can.

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am a firm beliver that when it's my time, it doesn't matter what I'm doing or where I'm at, I will go. Sure, a hostile combat zone is more risky than say our Mustangs sometimes, but if I am meant to live through this deployment, then I will. Of course, that's not to say that I am going to go out and risk it all foolishly just to see what's going to happen. I appreciate your support and concern. It means a lot to have to aide of people I don't even know with similar interests. Did your Mustang help bring you any support or closure? That may seem like a funny question, but it depends on what makes you happy. Mustangs make me happy. It might help. Good luck.

Nice exchange fellas. :nice: I walk shadowed in your shoes Stan, a few years younger, but have I learned to enjoy life none-the-less for today is a blessing and tomorrow is a mystery. I do not spend lavish, never have, but my cars instill in me a little fun and a little "life" in a trying existence of challenge and circumstance. I have been called foolish and extravagant for rolling through vehicles like I do. However, noone has lived my life; therefore, noone may dictate my decisions, except me. I have seen too many I love die young or suffer with amassed retirements and savings to never enjoy the fruits of their labor. :(

Ice - You are wise. I believe the same. Walking across the street or in combat, we never know when our time will be called. We learn to live for today, but plan cautious for tomorrow. :flag: :hail2: Thank you for your service and God Speed in your deployment and return.

Mustangs do make me happy. The loss of my mother was the most difficult thing I have ever experienced in my life. The murder (on Thanksgiving) of my nephew was almost too much to bear. He had gotten into drugs. At my mother's funeral, he swore to me that he was straightening out his life. My mother loved him and wanted him to have a good life.
My friend's death really tested me.
I can't say Mustangs made up for the losses. Nothing could. But, yes, my love of Mustangs and cars in general make life more enjoyable for me. I have also meet some of the greatest people in the world who love cars.
I try to enjoy life. I donate to many worthy causes. I help my family. I don't live laviously, though I do trade cars every couple of years. I don't intend to die poor but I also don't intend to die rich.
I have known way too many people who didn't live to retire or enjoy any of the money they worked so hard to save. I wish the best to all of you.
Enjoy your Mustangs and your lives.

Ice,
Keep your head down, listen to your NCOs and above all, trust your gut and you'll be just fine. I speak from the standpoint of nearly 30 years as a United States Marine, both enlisted and officer, including two tours in Iraq (first was the invasion) and one in Desert Storm.

When you get over there and around a military exchange, check their prices on ordering a new stang as well. One word of caution though: they have a lot of hidden junk fees that are all negotiable even though they will act like they aren't. If they can't get you under invoice don't mess with them. When I was over there the convertibles had just come out and they were quoting me a price that fell about halfway between invoice and MSRP. I got back in March 06 and ordered my 07 GT Conv in July 06, took delivery of the car six weeks later, and paid invoice for it.

I wish you the best on your tour to the sandbox. My last tour (March 05-March 06) was one that I could have easily sat out and wasn't particularly excited about being chosen for, but in retrospect, my job (working with the Iraqis in equipping their Army) was probably the most meaningful and satisfying in my career. Remember that this old Marine is proud of you and behind you 110 percent!