pro 5.0, steeda tri-ax, or something else...

baahl

Jun 25, 2005
Hi all,

I'm looking to do my first mod ever on my mustang (or any car for that matter). One thing that has buged me about the mustang is how bad the gearshift feels, so this seems like the natural place to start. Doing some research the two brands listed in the thread title keep coming up... a friend of mine also mentioned Roush and Saleen as possible suppliers but didn't know anything about their shifters specifically. Just curious what the consensus here is regarding which of these is the best and which is the best value or if there is something else I should look at is better than what I already have.

• Sponsors (?)

baahl said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to do my first mod ever on my mustang (or any car for that matter). One thing that has buged me about the mustang is how bad the gearshift feels, so this seems like the natural place to start. Doing some research the two brands listed in the thread title keep coming up... a friend of mine also mentioned Roush and Saleen as possible suppliers but didn't know anything about their shifters specifically. Just curious what the consensus here is regarding which of these is the best and which is the best value or if there is something else I should look at is better than what I already have.

I use the Steeda Tri-Ax and I like it but that's just me. My friend uses a pro 5.0 and like sand hates my Steeda... It all depends, I personally thin kthey feel about the same. I'd say read up on them as much as you can.

I have the Pro 5.0 and have had it for years.

Since you are opening up the transmission, may I make a suggestion as well!

How many miles are on the car? If Over 50k and never had the transmission drained and filled, well this would be the time!

It is easy adn since you are going to have the shifter off you can fill it up there without much of a mess.

I've got a Hurst shifter in my car and it's alright, but my brother just had a MGW shifter put in his GT with the blue handle and it's VERY nice. The shifts are much shorter & firmer on it and it overall just feels like a much better shifter, I think I'll soon be getting rid of my Hurst for a MGW.