ProCharger on 05 - hot pipes

2005RedGT

Nov 7, 2004
Hi guys,

I am new to Super Chargers and i installed my ProCharger this past weekend on my 05 Stang. All seems to be going well, it drives great, great power, etc. However, I am concerned about the heat. If I feel the pipe that comes out of the ProCharger it is very hot - more than I hand can stand. Now, I expect this. However, the pipe that comes out of the air-to-air intercooler, and into the throttle body, it is only slightly cooler and still very hot to the touch.

Is this normal? If not, does anybody have any ideas on how to cool this, or tips on what to look for that might casue more heat than normal.

Btw, the stock temp gauge shows normal operating temp for the cooling system.

Thanks in advance,

Info pics at : http://www.mymustangpage.com/2005redgt/page25

Bryan

• Sponsors (?)

2005RedGT said:
Hi guys,

I am new to Super Chargers and i installed my ProCharger this past weekend on my 05 Stang. All seems to be going well, it drives great, great power, etc. However, I am concerned about the heat. If I feel the pipe that comes out of the ProCharger it is very hot - more than I hand can stand. Now, I expect this. However, the pipe that comes out of the air-to-air intercooler, and into the throttle body, it is only slightly cooler and still very hot to the touch.

Is this normal? If not, does anybody have any ideas on how to cool this, or tips on what to look for that might casue more heat than normal.

Btw, the stock temp gauge shows normal operating temp for the cooling system.

Thanks in advance,

Info pics at : http://www.mymustangpage.com/2005redgt/page25

Bryan

Bryan, if you are feeling the pipes with the car standing still (would be hard to do while moving :)) then that would be expected. There's no airflow across the I/C when the car isn't moving, so you really shouldn't see a big temp difference.

The 05 has a big problem with retaining underhood heat, so that's probably not helping keeping those pipes cool either.

Not sure what an avg temp should be. But in the AZ heat, sitting on the dyno it was at 125. I dont think 133 is insane.

Either way the IAT at cruise will be affected by ambient temps in your area.