PROGRESS! (finally!)

• Sponsors (?)

It's been wet the last two days, but I will definately post pics as I get them. Right now I'm still using the lens that came with the hood, not that it does much good, even with full PPE.......(full safety goggles, respirator, and hood) we still ended up eating sand, crusting our eyes and ears, etc.......swear I'll sweat sand a month!:eek:
Doesn't help that it's also close quarters under the car. One advantage, the more sand we blasted, the more comfortable the driveway became!:lol:
B|@tch hauling the tarp out afterwards to recycle the sand! Thank GOD I had a 19 y/o kid helping me! Poor sap's been bitten by the Mustang bug too, now he wants too find his own classic to work on.
If things continue to progress as they did Thursday afternoon, I'm hoping to finish cleaning the undercarraige and prepping with metal ready by Wednesday afternoon. (my next day off) Thursday POR15, and Friday seam seal and rubberized undercoat.
After that it's just a matter of bolting up of clean new/refurbished parts, lube, bleed brakes.........then wheels down!

IF MY DAMN TYRES EVER GET HERE!:bang: They've only been on B.O. for 5 weeks now......:(

An attorney was driving through the countryside when his car
failed him. He looked under the hood and knocked a few items
around with a hammer. In the process he knocked off a gas
line and got his arm soaked with gas before getting it back
on. Discouraged, he attempted to start his car. Much to his
surprise it started, and he headed for the nearest town for
a permanent repair. To celebrate his success, he lit up a
cigarette, at which time his arm exploded into flames. He
stuck his arm out the window, hoping the wind at 50 miles
per hour would put it out.

He was promptly pulled over by a local constable and given a
ticket for an illegal use of a firearm.

65stanger said:
14x7s

Hey WORTH, if you see a fifth one floatin around, I could always use a spare!:nice:

I'm still hoping a Rally-Pac will drop out of the sky and into my lap!:hail2:

the odds of you getting my rally pac are about as good as you winning the lottery and buying your own:D

PS; I got the hood and the grill back for my 65 pickup today, so she'll be my dailey driver by Monday. That means the 70 ragtop can take a break and get restored and all prettied up:D

WORTH said:
the odds of you getting my rally pac are about as good as you winning the lottery and buying your own:D

PS; I got the hood and the grill back for my 65 pickup today, so she'll be my dailey driver by Monday. That means the 70 ragtop can take a break and get restored and all prettied up:D

hey worth got any pics of that pick 'em up? my little bro and I are looking at a 65 or 66 longbed for him to restore that we can get cheap. what's nice is that is has been a west texas truck all it's life so it's pretty much rust free and it's pretty darn straight too. just need some inspiration. we really wanted to find a shortbed but i think the long bed would be cool too, plus we can use it as a truck and not feel too bad if we scratch the bed, ya know.

This one's a White shortbed styleside with a 352 and a 3 speed, it was originally an OD truck and I have a old OD unit for it so I may put it back depending on how I like it the way it is.

I don't have any place to upload pix at the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

thanks, i'd appreciate it. this truck has a manual on the floor but i haven't inspected closely enough to know whether or not it has the od trans. it does have the original autolite 4100 and some sort of big block, i'm assuming it's a 352, which i understand the 4v motors were somewhat rare on these trucks, but i haven't really done much research to find out if that's true or not.

bnickel said:
thanks, i'd appreciate it. this truck has a manual on the floor but i haven't inspected closely enough to know whether or not it has the od trans. it does have the original autolite 4100 and some sort of big block, i'm assuming it's a 352, which i understand the 4v motors were somewhat rare on these trucks, but i haven't really done much research to find out if that's true or not.

It's more than likely a 352 or 390 and they look identical. If it has the OD, it should have a freewheel lever under the dash that looks like another ebrake handle, and if you look at the top of the gas pedal it will have an electrical switch on it. If you have the floor shifter it is more than likely non-OD and a 4 speed with the granny low gear. Basically a 3 speed with a low pulling gear in the 1st position.

As for what to expect, mine rides like a car, smooth as silk, and has plenty of low end torque. It's a pleasure to drive if your looking for a light duty truck. Yours being a 4 speed may have a heavier suspension but if you don't need the carrying capacity you could lighten it up and it will be a great little truck.

Now I have to go outside and put the hood and grill in, so I can get some lights in the front of this thing:D It's been Hell night driving with no headlights j/k:nice:

WORTH said:
It's more than likely a 352 or 390 and they look identical. If it has the OD, it should have a freewheel lever under the dash that looks like another ebrake handle, and if you look at the top of the gas pedal it will have an electrical switch on it. If you have the floor shifter it is more than likely non-OD and a 4 speed with the granny low gear. Basically a 3 speed with a low pulling gear in the 1st position.

As for what to expect, mine rides like a car, smooth as silk, and has plenty of low end torque. It's a pleasure to drive if your looking for a light duty truck. Yours being a 4 speed may have a heavier suspension but if you don't need the carrying capacity you could lighten it up and it will be a great little truck.

Now I have to go outside and put the hood and grill in, so I can get some lights in the front of this thing:D It's been Hell night driving with no headlights j/k:nice:

yeah, we had a friend when we were kids who's dad had a real nice Ranger. it had the 390 and automatic, short wide bed, black with red interioir and even had ac it was a very nice truck.

65stanger said:
Shiite! (Sunni, too!)
I'll end up buying my own before I get lucky enough to hit the lottery! (repro is ~$500):lol:

The more I think about it, I'm never going to have a 65-66 again, so if it doesnt' look good in the '46 pickup maybe I'll part with it.:shrug:

PS] I have the wood wheel too :)