Progress on the block

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
Well as some of you know, this is my first time rebuilding a motor, and just wanted to give an update on the progress...

First off, its a stock block, bored & honed .030 over
balanced
eagle crank
eagle rods
tfs stage II cam
tfs 10:1 forged pistons by arias
tfs track heat heads
tfs hardened pushrods
scorpion 1.6 rr's
frpp steel timing chain w/ 9 keyways
melling high flow standard volume pump
edelbrock air gap intake
etc etc etc...

last night we finally made some progress.. swapped out the standard oil pump for the new one, swapped out the piece of sh1t summit 6620 timing chain (had an extra link in it or something, it wasnt for a 302) for the frpp steel timing chain set. got the oil pan and timing cover on, rockers are all adjusted, and the water pump is almost fully installed. (do you guys use sealant on yours? its an edelbrock pump, and it didnt say anything about using silicone) but now i need to find a few bolts im missing. one for the timing pointer, and a few of the water pump bolts i somehow misplaced. but anywho, here she is as of now :D

View attachment 440892

• Sponsors (?)

slow95gt said:
ill buy it for $10 bux, I just blew mine. DAMMIT

i can get ya a couple stainless bolts for that.. oh, and i have 1 left flip flop that was at my house after a party.. you pay shipping? :D

didnt get a chance to do anything to it last night, i think i just bought a truck and i was too busy drinkin and goin over finances :nice:

GSP393 said:
I'm on the Tx/La stateline near Orange between Lake Charles and Beaumont.

okay, gotcha.. we are going to try and organize a show / meet here eventually. theres about 12 of us so far, and ill let ya know when anything happens

:drool: new engines are great. how much you think you will get with this combo?:nice:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Well as some of you know, this is my first time rebuilding a motor, and just wanted to give an update on the progress...

First off, its a stock block, bored & honed .030 over
balanced
eagle crank
eagle rods
tfs stage II cam
tfs 10:1 forged pistons by arias
tfs track heat heads
tfs hardened pushrods
scorpion 1.6 rr's
frpp steel timing chain w/ 9 keyways
melling high flow standard volume pump
edelbrock air gap intake
etc etc etc...

last night we finally made some progress.. swapped out the standard oil pump for the new one, swapped out the piece of sh1t summit 6620 timing chain (had an extra link in it or something, it wasnt for a 302) for the frpp steel timing chain set. got the oil pan and timing cover on, rockers are all adjusted, and the water pump is almost fully installed. (do you guys use sealant on yours? its an edelbrock pump, and it didnt say anything about using silicone) but now i need to find a few bolts im missing. one for the timing pointer, and a few of the water pump bolts i somehow misplaced. but anywho, here she is as of now :D

View attachment 440698

timeless2 said:
:lol:
I'm.......not....sure.......how to answer........that.

We have plenty of BBQ sauce still. :p

I got my wifes 9 year old eating everything with tonys on it now. She refuses to eat corn without it now.. i guess it could be worse.