Progress pics of K member install and engine re-assembly

Well the install went well after sorting through some issues, and at the track I knocked off a SOLID 2 tenths, the MPH stayed about the same but the temps were about 20* warmer than when I ran the car before the K member swap. Unfortunately about a week after making this thread I over-rev'd the motor and bent all the exhaust valves and the car has been down ever since. I actually JUST removed the motor/tranny from the car two days ago. Here's some pics...

emptyenginebay1.jpg

emptyenginebay2.jpg

emptyenginebay3.jpg

emptyenginebay4.jpg

removedshortblock1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

slo65 said:
your dad's fox :drool: yours isnt bad either :D, so besides the k-member what else is gonna get done before you shoot for 11's again, or did you already hit them.... am i just slow :confused:

I too LOVE my dad's fox, you can see my long term project '90GT in the background as well (its the red one). We're having problems with the EEC/chip right now in dad's car and haven't been able to really make a full, all out pass yet this entire year. It went 11.84 at 117mph last year, and over the winter with a bump in compression he picked up another 20+rwhp and 20+rwtq! It just made 347rwhp, and its still a NA 302! Here's a few recent pics of it for you!

His new suspension is working! Look how nice and level the car leaves...

wheelsuplaunch.jpg

dadondyno1.jpg

dadsnewhood.jpg

As for my car, its undergoing a HUGE make-over this winter. If I can swing it the car will debut and 90% of the parts will have been replaced, that includes everything from the body and stereo to the motor. I am still undecided as to what direction I'm heading with everything, so I can't really tell you yet as to what all is planned. Only thing I can say for certain is that it will be better looking, sounding, and faster than before!

After installing mine and seeing how much room I now have, I made up my min then and there that I'd NEVER own another mustang WITHOUT a tubular K member, ESPECIALLY if I planned to run turbo plumbing like i plan to do with my '90GT. I say ABSOLUTELY go for it if you can afford to. PA has some of the biggest header clearance of any on the market as the K member is actually wider than the framerail (it tucked up and under the frame, not fluch or level with it, you can see this in the pics above somewhat.)

It sure does seem like a worthwhile investment. Do all the k members come with a arms? What did yous cost?

Ive also heard stories about them bending with street use, and my car is pretty much a daily driver (it still will be when turbo :D )

94gts said:
It sure does seem like a worthwhile investment. Do all the k members come with a arms? What did yous cost?

Ive also heard stories about them bending with street use, and my car is pretty much a daily driver (it still will be when turbo :D )

Typically A arms are in addition to the K member and are not always included. Here's a link to what I have, only I had my own 4 bolt CC plates already (the kit listed on the site comes with 3 bolt CC plates) and I opted for the strange coil over kit versus the afco one that originally comes with this "kit." I got the strange coil over because it came with spring hat bearings, and the afco did not. The nice thing with the PA is that you can get it in any color you want, I opted for the "reflective chrome" finish.
http://paracing.com/product_info.ph...d=141&osCsid=89ec29c979db1aee534e45e09d18f6b7

I too was worried about it bending and/or cracking but after doing a ton of research I felt confident in the PA racing setup and after putting it on my car I have no worries. I will continue to check it periodically, but I haven't read or heard of any failures on the net. I have with others though... You do get what you pay for IMO.

Redsnk95 said:
Hey Paul, in the first set of pics there is a Odyssey/Hawker battery and custom aluminum battery hold. Do you still have it? Was that something you made or did you buy it somewhere?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy, I just got back from my vacation in Aruba and read this. It is in fact an odyssey battery hold and it looks great. I got it from the following link, but summitt should also be able to get it now as they didn't have it listed when I had originally called, but they said they were going to add it to their inventory.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/pc680hd.htm