Pulled engine and trans last night...PICS

• Sponsors (?)

gaslight said:
Its going to take some elbow grease to clean up all that crud in the engine bay.

You can say that again. I plan on putting a wire wheel on an angle grinder to make it a little easier to remove some of that surface rust. Either way it is going to take some time.

that bay doesn't look that bad man - heres what i did -

I wet the whole bay, sprayed it with whitewall cleaner, and let it sit for like almost 20 minutes- than i scrubbed it forever and rinsed - than after that, i sprayed it with wheel cleaner that is stronger, and let it sit for 10 minutes- than scrubbed again - and you'll be surprised how much it cleans up -

than tape off all the wires and hoses and paint it!! Def paint the bay while the engine is out - might as well, better than taping up an engine and spraying around it - even if you don't weld up all the holes in the bay - still paint it

I am thinking it is because of the same basic structure since 79 and maybe back then they used those for accessories. The big hole ,I think, is symetric to the one on the driver's side where the washer fluid is. I don't have my mustang now so I can't go check.

old_blue said:
I am thinking it is because of the same basic structure since 79 and maybe back then they used those for accessories. The big hole ,I think, is symetric to the one on the driver's side where the washer fluid is. I don't have my mustang now so I can't go check.

Yea, those holes are for the air intake tubes off the carb on the 79-85 stangs.

index.php

Did you wrap the chain around the oil pan? Or did you connect it to the headers?

Also can you lift the block from the intake?