Question about lowering

05StangV6

Jun 11, 2007
Hey guys, i have a buddy who knows a little about cars from reading up on-line about them. I told him that I want to drop my car a few inches and said, "You may need some cambers so I would look into that as well". He was no 100% sure though.

I have a 2005 V6 and do not know if i need cambers or not. Can anyone help me out please?:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

depending on how much of a drop you want to go with will decide if you need to adjust camber or not. you can slot the mounting holes on the strut for free. camber bolts are the cheapest method to buy. they are about $10 each. camber plates are better, but more expensive. caster/camber plates are also available but still more money. the lower you go, the more adjustment that will be needed. if you want to slam the car, i recommend the caster/camber plates to adjust both. the only other way to adjust caster on these cars is to shim the lower control arm. you may also need to purchase an adjustable panhard bar to align the rear axle to the car.

there is more information about this topic. i could go on for a while. how much do you want to drop the car, and what are your plans for the car? daily driver? weekend racer? drag race? road race? etc. all that will help us inform you about the parts you will need to properly lower your car and have it perform to its full potential.