Questions about 351W engine and tranny swap from F250 to Fox Body Stang, please HELP!

GetEclipsed

May 20, 2010
I have a 1988 Ford F250 that I'm wanting to take the 351W V8 EFI engine and 5 speed tranny out of and put it in a Fox Body Mustang. There are a couple of Fox Bodys that I am looking at buying. They were a V8 (none of them I am looking at purchasing have a engine or tranny) so I heard the V8 Mustang computer will handle the 351W (right?). Can I take the 351 and 5 speed tranny out of the truck and install it into the Mustang or what will I need to do? (I hear the 351 will bolt right up to the factory V8 motor mounts in the Fox Body Mustang, right?) The F250 I have is complete with everything and the Mustangs are pretty much complete minus the engine and tranny..... Which Fox Body Mustangs should I be looking for to make the swap the easiest or will any do the job?? I'm definately not a mechanic by any means but with help I'm sure I could get it done... Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)