Quick gear question: 1998 5spd Gt, leather, 17 inchers...3:27's?

5spd GT said:
I believe the 3:27's are just fine for either car. Performance enthusiast like most of us are, aren't the only one's that buy these cars...think about that before saying "don't fear the gear." Ford didn't put the 3:27's in to cut performance or lessen the fun. They did it for practical reasons...and I'm glad.

Jason - It will be soon...:)

The axle code says ME on it. The rpms show it is 3:27's.

:banana: :banana: I'm excited as hell for you man!!! Being back in the modular family :D

And remember David.. Teh 2V Can Nevah Lose! :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

squares98 said:
The only thing 17" wheels got you was no speed limiter

Yeah, what I was trying to get out was that the car is pretty well optioned out...and the chance of 3:27's was probably higher.

Is it possible to get a new power door lock opener (keychain). Do they come with them in '98 when they have power door locks. The keys didn't come with them:shrug:

5spd GT said:
Yeah, what I was trying to get out was that the car is pretty well optioned out...and the chance of 3:27's was probably higher.

Is it possible to get a new power door lock opener (keychain). Do they come with them in '98 when they have power door locks. The keys didn't come with them:shrug:

One quick way to check it once you get the car is to turn the ignition on/off 8 times in rapid succession (without actually starting the car) and if it has the keyless option, it should cycle through on the doorlocks. :)

helty said:
is this the GT sitting on the corner of Oak St in Conway for $5k?

Yep, the one you know about:) ...it will get me by for a reliable daily driver. It has a couple things I hate about it, but I'll get them fixed...I'm not to worried about it being "fast" or looking good...

I think the 3.27's are perfect. I love how my car feels on the highway with the low gearing. Takes very little RPM to accelerate from 60-80MPH and cruising in 5th gear at 75MPH is only 1900 RPM with the 03+ t-3650 :)