Raced a BMW M3 last night and won

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry for the lack of info. I know nobody here knows me but I am definitely not the type to say I beat a car that I really didn't. I was cruising down a three lane trying to not cause any trouble when this black car rips by me... fast. I saw right away it was a beamer and wasnt going to waste my time, then I saw the M on the right side. By the way this was definitely the newer M. Its not often you see an M out showing off so I wanted to jump on the chance. I followed him through a left turn, and we ran into traffic, but he wanted a piece right away. He slowed way down and we both got to about 10 and he hit it and I hit it. It was really close this time, and I wasnt sure if I beat him, but he definitely didnt beat me. We took a right at the next light and I got next to him and he hit it at 10-15 and I hit it and this time I definitely gained on him through mid 3rd. Then we got stopped at a light and I had to pull behind him because of a car in the left lane. This time he hit it from a stop and I know I was a little faster because I had to scoot over not to run in to the back of him. So its not like I kicked his ass. I would say each of these little races lasted an 8th of a mile or less. I will remember to post my revised signature with my mods. I dont see how it is so unbelievable that I beat an M3 with 333 horse. My car has 240 stock and I am pretty sure with my mods Im up there. I was mostly starting this thread so everybody could reflect on how bad ass Mustangs are. I am about the only person where I live with a mustang that is modified, so I just enjoy the comradery. Everybody in my area just loves chevys, and I just luv beatin 'em. PEACE

i believe you beat him. I have been in an 03 M3 before and wasn't THAT impressed. I mean dont get me wrong they haul ass but i have seen many stnags and camaros taht could own them on the street. The twisties are a different story though.

corvette killer said:
Sorry for the lack of info. I know nobody here knows me but I am definitely not the type to say I beat a car that I really didn't. I was cruising down a three lane trying to not cause any trouble when this black car rips by me... fast. I saw right away it was a beamer and wasnt going to waste my time, then I saw the M on the right side. By the way this was definitely the newer M. Its not often you see an M out showing off so I wanted to jump on the chance. I followed him through a left turn, and we ran into traffic, but he wanted a piece right away. He slowed way down and we both got to about 10 and he hit it and I hit it. It was really close this time, and I wasnt sure if I beat him, but he definitely didnt beat me. We took a right at the next light and I got next to him and he hit it at 10-15 and I hit it and this time I definitely gained on him through mid 3rd. Then we got stopped at a light and I had to pull behind him because of a car in the left lane. This time he hit it from a stop and I know I was a little faster because I had to scoot over not to run in to the back of him. So its not like I kicked his ass. I would say each of these little races lasted an 8th of a mile or less. I will remember to post my revised signature with my mods. I dont see how it is so unbelievable that I beat an M3 with 333 horse. My car has 240 stock and I am pretty sure with my mods Im up there. I was mostly starting this thread so everybody could reflect on how bad ass Mustangs are. I am about the only person where I live with a mustang that is modified, so I just enjoy the comradery. Everybody in my area just loves chevys, and I just luv beatin 'em. PEACE
Sorry i have to throw up the :bs:. I really dont believe that with the mods listed you really beat that m3. Im must have been a poser.

94GTLaserRC said:
It's "hemorrhoid" spelled like in "diarrhea"

Double r, then an h!

Now...BACK TO THE TOPIC!
RC
Who gives a flying rats ass how you spell it? You knew what the hell i meant.

Well on second hand i guess those extra trips down to walmart for the hemorrhoid cream would teach you how to spell it, wouldnt it? :nice:

rudeone707 said:
Sorry i have to throw up the :bs:. I really dont believe that with the mods listed you really beat that m3. Im must have been a poser.
Or he just wasn't a great driver. A new M3 makes good power, but it has to turn a *lot* of RPM to get it. If the M3 driver cannot or is not willing to wrap it up, he is no longer a 300+ hp car. There are many other factors in play and especially on the street, it is not automatically the higher horsepower car that will win. Of course, none of us really race on the street, so this is just hypothetical.

Dave

95 Cobra stock is 93hp shy of the M3, according to the published numbers. You should get your car dyno'd to find out how much horsepower your mods have added. I'm not saying that you didn't beat the M3, just stating that 93hp takes a great deal of effort and mods to add.

Did the M3 driver appear to drive the car well with no hint of shifting problems. Some drivers shift way to early or way too late and this can be noticed by the lack of speed and/or longer acceleration pause between shifts.

No disrespect, but I know a couple people personally who really think they get the most out of their car, when all they really accomplish is moderately fast acceleration and a lot of engine noise. RPM's don't get high enough, shifts could be quicker/smoother, and frankly, they get excited hearing the engine get loud and simply knowing they're going faster than their previous car (truck, sedan, caravan, etc.). Maybe the M3 driver fits nearer to this category, maybe not.

As you stated clearly, Mustangs are great cars to enjoy and you'll find that most enthusiasts are competitive, helpful, and eager to learn. I'm sure I'd be a Viper fanatic if I could, but there's the mere $80K price of admission required to get the same enjoyment I do as a stang owner. Welcome to the forum.

I dont see it being BS.. The m3 is not a "super car" Low 13's at best.. And on the street everything is upredictable.. A slightly slower car can win, depending on the RPM launched at (From a roll) and who actually hits it first.

He does have a cam, and the gt40 irons, along with the cobra intake and gears etc etc, i think its entirely possible he beat the m3.

My buddy has a new m3( brand new a year ago) .. i havent raced him since i have had my h/c/i.. but when i was mostly stock with a 100 shot (ran 13.8s @104-105) i would beat him slightly. It was a close race but on the street i would get him everytime.. I forget his 1/4 times, i believe they were low 13's, ill check with him and post back.

The other driver had great control of the car, I could tell by the way he took the first left at about 40 in traffic. I really dont care if anybody wants to call bs cuz Im not trying to impress anyone. Just sharin my story because I was excited as this is the best car I have ever raced. When I picked the name corvette killer I had a nitrous express kit on the way and was supposed to be a corvette killer but I recently got a drag racing ticket wasting my time on an eclipse and cancelled the order.
Keep on calling bs I dont give a sh*^.

Let's also remember that comparing peak horsepower to peak horsepower is a fallacy. It's the entire power band that matters. The M3 is using a 3.2L V6 that makes 333 hp at 7900 RPM :eek:. A modded Cobra might very well make more power under the curve in useable form. :shrug: Would have to see dyno's to be sure. Throw in tranny gear ratios, shift speed, driver skill, etc, and the kill is believable to me.

Dave

Isnt the M3 a inline 6?
Could it have been an Automatic?
Anyways, I am not one to boast but I think I am a pretty good driver. Unfortunately I dont have any 1/4 times in this car yet, we have to wait til next summer. This is my second 95 stang, the first being a gt vert with headers, flowmaster exhaust, underdrive pulleys and stock gears, thats it, and I raced a stock 98 cobra and won from a light about an eight of a mile. I definitely shouldn't have beat that car. Now on the count of three everybody call bs.

okay, dry the tears rainy face. just because some people dont believe your story, which everyone isnt entitled to their opinion, doesnt mean you have to get that upset about it. If you think that you gave that M3 a run for its money and you got him by a car or less, well thats awsome. In my opinion....ill give it to ya :nice:

by the way, pictures would be nice if you got any.

corvette killer said:
I raced a stock 98 cobra and won from a light about an eight of a mile. I definitely shouldn't have beat that car. Now on the count of three everybody call bs.
That's believable. I've owned a stock 98 Cobra, and my GT would've killed it off the line every time, even when my only mods were exhaust, pullies, and gears. Stock, the 96-01 Cobras are okay, but they have a real deficiency in low-end grunt. Once they get the revs up a bit, they're better, but it takes a little bit to get it wrapped up.

Dave