Raced The Car Tonight...Results Inside!

94GTLaserRC said:
<marquee> PINEWOOD DERBY!!!!</marquee>

Some of you Remember my daughters' Sponge Bob and Barbie Cars!!

Well,

The Barbie Car's age group raced tonight (AWANA's)!

She Got 3rd in Speed and 2nd in Design, out of 40 cars!!! (1, 2, and 3 were large trophies, 4, 5, 6 were small ones...She was the only one there to get TWO LARGE TROHPIES!)

What was :( about the speed is that she raced for FIRST PLACE in the FIRST round, and lost by a nose..Then the car got recycled back in the pool for 2nd place. SHe got to the final round for second place, and lost so closely, that only the electronic eye saw that the other car one.

THEN, she went back in the group, and got 3rd easily. Since she made it to the end each round, she actually raced the car more than anyone. She blew away every car except the 2 she lost to.
Here are some pics....OH, TO MAKE THIS TECH-RELATED, I HAD TO MAKE SOME BOLT ADJUSTMENTS IN THE MIDDLE, BECAUSE BARBIE's HEAD CAME LOOSE :rolleyes:

Here is a sign I made for her:
832384Kristen.jpg

There she is on the left..The girl on the right got first in speed..the car was EXACTLY 5 oz (the max allowed weight)
832386Kristen-Group.jpg

Here is her car with her 2 trophies and ribbon.
832388Kristen-Trophies.jpg

SHE was REALLY EXCITED (unlike some other kids) I was so proud, I wanted to
841978CryBaby.gif

ENJOY
RC

See, this is the way things should be! :)

I didnt get into Mustangs, and racing out of some testosterone driven fit.

I do it, because I love it. It makes me feel alive. Its not the speed (ok yeah it is..) :) but also the simple feeling of accomplishment.
Its also a great learning tool. For both machines, and personal relationships. (Friends, and significant others) You learn from your friends, and vice versa... and the significant others, well.. they learn to deal with it! lol :D

But really, its good to see both you and your daughter share the same passion for this frozen moment. (it will be remembered.) :)

Congrats to both parties!!

Ohh, does this mean she gets to work on your cars now? hehe

Have a good one! :)

Will.

• Sponsors (?)

Nosfurato said:
See, this is the way things should be! :)

I didnt get into Mustangs, and racing out of some testosterone driven fit.

I do it, because I love it. It makes me feel alive. Its not the speed (ok yeah it is..) :) but also the simple feeling of accomplishment.
Its also a great learning tool. For both machines, and personal relationships. (Friends, and significant others) You learn from your friends, and vice versa... and the significant others, well.. they learn to deal with it! lol :D

But really, its good to see both you and your daughter share the same passion for this frozen moment. (it will be remembered.) :)

Congrats to both parties!!

Ohh, does this mean she gets to work on your cars now? hehe

Have a good one! :)

Will.

Thanks Will,
Yeah, She only helped me a little when I was building it. Everyone kept saying that I was doing it ONLY for me, and that she didnt even care. BUT..Once her car ran down the track and won the first race, she was jumping up and down...after, everytime they called her number (and she raced about 9 times), she RAN up there, grabbed her car, and RAN towards the starter to place it on the track. When she won (she won 7 heats out of 9, and was second in the others) she had both hands in the air and was jumping up and down. Her sister is in the older group (racing next weeK), and all her friends know the younger one. Therefore, everytime my daughter's car went up, my other daughter's friends were all cheering for her. She definitely had the "home track" advantage :D

RC

hey thats awesome, she had a good time and thats all that really matters is that she had fun and enjoyed it. Its not about winning as long as the kids are happy and have fun but bringing home a few trophys is great to..

Barbie OWNNZZZ ALLL!!!!!!!!

Striped5.0 said:
well thats easy for me to say b/c I won my pinewood derby :rlaugh:
You won BOTH Design AND Speed!! :nice:

Actually, b/c of the way they did the rounds:

My daughter won the first 3 races, then lost in the race for 1st, so she went back in the mix.

THEN, she won all the races in the second round, then lost the race for 2nd.

THEN, she won all the races in the third round, then won the race for 3rd.

ALL in ALL, she raced more than anyone and actually finished with something like a 7 and 2 record. The 2 losses were against one other car. The 7 wins were all on the track with 3 other cars in the same race.

She definitely got the most mileage out of that car than anyone.

RC

HRT11 said:
man thats awesome
i had crappy pinewood derby cars
didnt win squat
Mine too :notnice:
My dad would send some guy the night before the races to "round off the edges" , throw some paint on and glue the wheels on for me.

Striped: Yeah, the greatest honor in the PW derby is First in speed. And, it is really hard to place in both, especially 2nd and 3rd, But.. I will guaran damn tee you that my daughter was much happier winning 2 "big" trophies (2nd and 3rd) than ONE First place trophy, which was the same size as the 2 and 3 place. The 4, 5 and 6 places were all smaller ones.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
WERD!...Problem is they arent having fun when their car is losing! :(
RC

Holy crap dude!!

I just noticed that you joined a month AFTER me, and yet you have something like 5k more posts.

Nos= :owned:

Damn, no wonder my gym teacher said I needed to participate more!!!

:rlaugh:

Sweet deal with the munchkin man. keep up the good work !!

Will.

94GTLaserRC said:
....OH, TO MAKE THIS TECH-RELATED, I HAD TO MAKE SOME BOLT ADJUSTMENTS IN THE MIDDLE, BECAUSE BARBIE's HEAD CAME LOOSE

Thats the tech right there, i mean I dont know about you guys but Im sure a lot of people have had that problem before, thanks for the the tip on how to fix it. :nice:

Also congrats on Barbie GO Sponge Bob

94_302 said:
Thats the tech right there, i mean I dont know about you guys but Im sure a lot of people have had that problem before, thanks for the the tip on how to fix it. :nice:

Also congrats on Barbie GO Sponge Bob

Another TECH thing I forgot was when you transport the cars to the races, you need to make sure your Stang's suspension, tires, and brakes are up to par. If you crash on the way there, you will not be able to race the cars.

Also, your A/C should be set at no higher than 78*. The heat in the car will cause the axles on the car to expand, and the tires wont spin right.

If the A/C is TOO cold, the dried hot glue on the wheels will harden too much and the glue will crack.

SO you see, if your mustang is not up to par "technically" your Pinewood Derby car is in BIG trouble.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Another TECH thing I forgot was when you transport the cars to the races, you need to make sure your Stang's suspension, tires, and brakes are up to par. If you crash on the way there, you will not be able to race the cars.

Also, your A/C should be set at no higher than 78*. The heat in the car will cause the axles on the car to expand, and the tires wont spin right.

If the A/C is TOO cold, the dried hot glue on the wheels will harden too much and the glue will crack.

SO you see, if your mustang is not up to par "technically" your Pinewood Derby car is in BIG trouble.

RC
:rlaugh: