Fox Raising Rear Of Foxbody

• Sponsors (?)

So that's what Jack Hidley looks like.

Yes, the arms will work. Up to you if you want heavy duty or extreme duty. The HDs will have slightly less NVH than the XDs.

If you are running standard fare fox control arms out back, these are direct swap.

Unsure what your swap bar options are though

Thanks.I was thinking about these.Are these the ones your referring to ? >>> The 1st one in the video with adjustable coil spring perch .........
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7wJjk1RtY

hmmmm... very odd
never seen them in yellow and the LCA in the video have poly bushings on both ends. The MM ones have a sperical bushings on one end
Jack is a super nice guy who knows more about the suspension and braking on these cars than just about anyone I've met..

I've run their suspension parts on every fox body I've owned and never had a complaint. The quality and support are top notch.IMO there are things you can opt to save money on and things you should not- suspension and braking fall into the latter. Buy an inferior part and the best case scenario is you are dissapointed and spend the money to do it right the second time. Worse case scenario is your part fails when you are doing 60.

Reactions: 1 user
No fox body has leaf springs. The term Fox body is synonymous w/ coils on all four corners. Show me an example of a 90's fox body w/ leaf springs, and I'll show you a car that is mistakenly labeled as a foxbody.

If you have one side lower on your car something is either worn out or broken. Mustangs get beat on and torque boxes fail. when the floor starts to tear where the mounts are, the chassis sags. If a control arm bushing is shot, the car doesn't sit right either. Lastly, the coils themselves just wear out. Typically the passenger side coil has had to deal w/ torque transfer it's whole life,....it wears differently than the driver's side. The axle tubes "pull" forward on the rear end..I've seen an 8.8 out of several mustangs where the axle tubes are so visibly bent forward that the rear had to have the tubes heated and pulled back to straight. When a tube pulls,...It preloads the chassis like a ladder bar does on a race car,...preload causes one side or the other to raise.

The reason that there is so much info out there about the car sagging on one side is because they are over 30 years old, and by nature have more than likely been beat on at sometime in the car's past. And the reasons for the above are all attributable to one of the three.

Lift up carpet, check that your torque boxes haven't started to tear out. Look at the floor mid point to be sure that a tear hasn't started there as well. Replace the control arms, or the bushings, change out the springs w/ new ones and install SF connectors if they are not there already.

For god sakes do not raise the car up w/ a stiff spring or a freakin airshock....It'll ride and handle like ass, all while looking stupid at the same time. The 70's are dead. Gabriel High-jackers died right along w/ N 50-15's, Boston,..and leisure suits with them.
What? No Scat Tracs or 8 tracks? No long shackles or chrome reverse rims? BTW Boston still rocks☝

Old thread, but odd info that fits-
In my 79, (the first year Mustang Fox body), one of the manuals had a diagram of rear leaf springs. I think it was for changing the tire. It would be interesting to know if it was left over diagram from a MII, or if it was an early design that got changed before production.

Old thread, but odd info that fits-
In my 79, (the first year Mustang Fox body), one of the manuals had a diagram of rear leaf springs. I think it was for changing the tire. It would be interesting to know if it was left over diagram from a MII, or if it was an early design that got changed before production.
i think they stopped putting leaf springs in mustamgs with the 3rd gen

Opening this discussion back up. I also have the 3/4 inch lean to the driver's side. It isn't totally uncommon. Whether the cause is age, abuse, or damage, it seems to be common enough that this question has been raised a number of times on boards across the nation.

I'm committed to resolving my sag, but it would be great if someone had the knowledge and experience in resolving this issue to build one of those definitive lists much like the Surging Idle Checklist, but for the Fox Body Saggy Butt.