Rear end question

my_03GT

Feb 9, 2003
DE
What's up guys? I am thinking about getting 31 spline moser axels,I would like to run slicks... do I need a 31 spline posi with this set up? Is it benificial, necessary? Could someone explain this to me so I can understand what I need...also is the install pretty straight foward, I have installed everything on my car so far except 3:73's, have alot of tools and like to think I am pretty mechanically inclined, thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

you'll need the 31 spline differential to match up with the axles. i've never doen the install myself, but i have installed gears and I don't think it would be too hard to do.

read up on the diffs. I got many varring opinions when I did mine.

eatons can break, lockers are noisy

I ended up just getting the 31 spline trac lok.

they make two models. the m-4204-318 and the m-4204-318c. the later having carbon fiber cluthes.

I got the m-4204-318 for $194 from summit the carbon fiber model was $305 or so. you could also get a used on off ebay and rebuild it.

install is a snap really just make sure you get a shim kit and just set the backlash. you will have to remove the tone rings from the old axles if you have abs. the mosers run a bit larger than the ford axels on the machined surface for the tone ring. so I would get the FRPP axels if I were doing it over again. it was a pain to get the tone rings on the mosers. the FRPP models are $25 cheaper as well. they were on back order at the time so I go the moser.