REAR GEAR ?

No regrets with my 3.55's.I was concerned about how short the first gear was going to be so I didn't go with anything more aggressive.Based on my own experience,be careful about estimated costs for changing out the gear;quite often once the rearend is opened up the traction loc has to be rebuilt or an axle has to be replaced which makes it more expensive.These cars are getting old.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a heavy ragtop so I went with 3.73 with my standard diameter tire (245/45-16) and I did not like the rpm's I was running on the freeway which was like 3,000 to keep up with traffic. Got my T5 modded with a 2.95 gear set and love the combo now. Lowered Freeway rpms by almost 800. I love this combo easy on the highway and nicer to drive in the city!!

87gtconv said:
I have a heavy ragtop so I went with 3.73 with my standard diameter tire (245/45-16) and I did not like the rpm's I was running on the freeway which was like 3,000 to keep up with traffic. Got my T5 modded with a 2.95 gear set and love the combo now. Lowered Freeway rpms by almost 800. I love this combo easy on the highway and nicer to drive in the city!!

is that the t-5 z gearset with the .63 5th gear?? did goin from a .68 5th to a .63 5th reduce your rpm that much???

It all depends on your future goals and driving needs!!!! I love my 4.10's. But plan on going with a KB really soon. Should be alot of neck snap but not very practical. Will probably be switching to 3.55's. I'll have to see how it reacts first.

I feel you cant go wrong with 3.73's for long term goals and changing your mind on different set-up's every other month. If your like me. :)

timewarped1972 said:
is that the t-5 z gearset with the .63 5th gear?? did goin from a .68 5th to a .63 5th reduce your rpm that much???

It may be a .62 5th but yes it did all of that. It was pretty cheap compared to a 6 speed or the G-Force .59 gears. With my KC clutch I am in heaven. :SNSign:

87gtconv said:
It may be a .62 5th but yes it did all of that. It was pretty cheap compared to a 6 speed or the G-Force .59 gears. With my KC clutch I am in heaven. :SNSign:

Promotion Performance in Florida built me a T5z with a 2.95 first gear and a 0.58:1 5th for $900.

I run a 4.30 rear gear, 5th gear with the 4.30's is the same as 3.73's with a 0.68 OD. I love it, it's basically a 6 speed minus 5th gear without the cost.