Rear Seat Delete, Sub options, track options, Give me your opinion!

StangNet has been a great help in tryin to get me to determine what stereo/sub setup I want. But the more I think about it, the more I get lost in ideas. Heres my most recent idea:

I have the plans for a rear seat delete (Friend bought them off ebay, gave them to me). The part that separates the trunk/interior i would use a thin peice of sheetmetal for a permanant delete (and to be NHRA legal). For the seat part, I was thinking a removeable setup Made of MDF or wood, putting The Sub on the driver side (one 12") and the Amp on the passenger side.
My thinking is I can have a nice looking rear seat delete, and a system that thumps for the street. But, when its time to get serious, I can drop all that weight but still stay (NHRA) legal. I would just get a box and throw it in the trunk, but with drag springs, the car already sits on its ass. With the battery and the box in the trunk Im afraid the stance of the car will be terrible.

Now heres my questions:
1) Is my sub/amp setup even plausible? Is there enough depth withput making a huge tower looking thing to be able to put a 12" sub in the place of the rear seat?
2) With the placement of the sub, is 12" too big? I want a thump but i dont want to kill my ears either.
3) over the sheet metal back, I would like to secure a carpet so it mathces the interior. whats the best way to secure it, but keep it removeable off the sheet metal?
4) Finally, is this the dumbest thing youve ever heard of? Should I just get a box and toss it in the trunk? Will it affect the stance that much?

• Sponsors (?)