Reccomendation for road course type suspension?

lamrith

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2000
Tacoma, WA
Hey all, got the notch home lastnight. Suspen seems good (stock), but long term I wantoot set-up the car as a road course type racer. something to go play around in the twisties with. Right now it is just a bone stock 2.3L LX, I will probably go 2.3T on it also to up the power..

ANYWAY I thought most suspen parts in the magazines are more drag strip oriented so thought I would ask about "road racer" suspension stuff to see what you guy use/recommend

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I should really clarrify, This is a daily driver, not a autocross or racecar. I just want ot liven it up a bit for now... Just to keep it relative thi is a $280 4cyl heh so $2k for suspen not quite in my raneg heh Sorry I should have clarified....

Someone said putting GT gear under it and then the subframes etc mentioned above would be a decent start??

put some GT sway bars in. that will make you feel better until you realize how horrible your 14 or 15 inch tires are. Then, you can upgrade to a bigger wheel with nicer tires. The springs may seem soft then, so throw in something stiffer.
I have a lot of suspension work done, but it has only made the car more of a handful. Sure, I can corner harder at the limits, but is is unpredictable and likes to oversteer which isn't healthy for me more of the time.