Red and Blue paid me a visit today

Dec 12, 2003
Nice warm day, had my friend with me in the car, out playing with Uncle Kenneth's Boost.

Driving south on 185th, approaching the Hwy 26 Westbound entrance. I decide that the on-ramp to 26 would make the perfect runway for Uncle Kenneth. I round that corner in second and just roll the gas pedal as far down to the carpet as I can without blowing the rear tires up in smoke. I go from 20 to 70 in what feels like less than 200 feet.

This is one of my favorite on ramps because it is really flat and really straight, plus there is a huge concrete wall on the right and another on the left, Uncle Kenneth really screams in this cooridor. Well long story short, as I remove my eyes from the two huge black patches on the on ramp, I look up to see a motorcycle cop! He was sitting on the left hand side of the on ramp about 200 feet from the entrance. He was leaning over his bike shooting radar at cars coming under the bridge, headed to the coast.

As soon as I see him, he has literally jumped about a foot in the air because I scared the living crap out of him with all the noise. He lands on the ground and quickly radars me doing 70. I only got to the top of 2nd and I had let off. I watched him franticly jump on his bike and we then pulled over immedietly.

He pulls up behind us, quickly comes up to the car and here is what went down:

I hit you doing 70 in a 55 and that was after you started slowing down.
What were you doing?

Well sir, I don't have a good explanation for you. I rolled on it in second and let off, planning to coast onto the freeway.

License registration and insurance please.

I hand him my concealed carry as well so he doesn't poop his pants when he goes back to his bike. (this scored major points)

He writes for a while and comes back. I'm giving you a ticket for 70 in a 55 on the on ramp. Can't say I have ever given a ticket to someone on the on ramp before. I'm going to ignore the rubber you left all over the on ramp, the improperly mounted front license plate, that so called exhaust you have, the reckless driving and wasting of a finite resource.

Thanks sir.

He rambles on about how and where I go to court or where I mail the money in. Then he says "I have never heard a sound like that come from a car, what kind of turbo do you have on this thing?" I tell him it's blown and he shakes his head. He looks around my car for a second, pokes his head inside and says "sweet ride, I've never heard or seen anything like this, I can't wait to tell the boys this".

So, I laughed my ass off the entire time, he was very cool, but the look on his face when I boosted by him at WOT was priceless. He literally spelled out my license plate "see if I luz", I think to let me know he knew what it meant. But, it does in fact state on ramp on it, I'm gonna frame this one.

• Sponsors (?)

It would be great to have some video of that encounter. His reaction when you scared the **** out of him and "Can't say I have ever given a ticket to someone on the on ramp before."

That is priceless. :nice:

tarch said:
i thought cops can't pull over people on onramps... it's not their teritory and won't stick in court... fight it ;)
It's a public road, I see no reason they can't nail you on it. I got hit once for doing 80 on an off-ramp (different state though).

Personally I'd just pay the ticket and be thankful he didn't try to jack you up with a speed racing ticket. That's much mo' expensive...

Wow does that sound familiar...lol..got one for going 99 in the 55 and he said he knew I was going faster but...didnt want to have to take me to jail :shrug: im going to court on that one.Then on the way to the car show I decided to race a black porsche ,and did a 3rd gear pull and thats exactly what I did ..pulled away and also pulled way from a unmarked cop car... he pulled me over and the porsche for expedition of speed and wreckless endangerment and said I was under arrest....anyway to make a long story short ..he got called to accident and let me go...no ticket...did I get lucky or what, knock on wood, :bang: ,I was doing 100 or so because I hit 4th gear and then let off when I saw a little bright light on the dash board behind me.... :flag: "NOTE" This story was for entertainment purposes only and was not factual.All racing should be done at the track. :nice:

Your car may have been moving forward at 70 but what were you tires doing? :D . Say this isn't the same off ramp you chased a white convertable down with your old Scooby is it? It's one of my favorites as well. I'd watch out for the Helvatia overpass also. The bridge is wide and they will sit on the west bound side of the bridge facing oncoming traffic crossing the bridge heading south. Tag you comming out from under the bridge and scoot over on the shoulder and down the West bound on ramp before you even have a chance to look. If its the sick horsepower on the street award your looking for, the crown is yours. :nice:

Thanks, glad everyone enjoyed the story. It was true comedy at it's finest, me and my friend laughed the whole time. The ticket was only for 195, I giggled to myself because a drum of gas costs more than that.

He was very cool, and I am just going to pay the ticket and be done with it. Fortunately it is my only ticket (in the last 4 years anyway).

Yes that was the same on ramp that I raced a certain white drop top on way back when with my WRX. I still get mad for not over boosting on that run, 19 psi just wasnt enough to win.

Ed, you are one lucky bastage.

I should consider this a nice "hey take it easy" award because I have been on a rampage lately. Seems every sport bike and Z06 has found me at a stop light this last week. One of my peers busted my chops for smoking one of his employees the other day (ZX9R Ninja). I told him that if he would give his employee a raise, he could afford a faster bike and wouldn't have to biotch to his boss about getting smoked.

I am taking this ticket and cooling off for a while. At least until my new Spec 3 clutch shows up in the mail.

in a hurry, so sorry if someone already posted a reply... but the onramp is ONLY County patrol... state usually can't write for an onramp... offramp is theirs, but not on... so, if you want to fight it... you have that, the licence plate was incorrectly written... all that stuff... but they technically "can" write you a ticket anywhere if they feel you are being stupid/dangerous... but it isn't their jurisdiction...