Remember when we had a talk section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
  • Sponsors (?)

Why does it really matter? Is it in your way? If you aren't interested in the thread then don't read or reply....now isn't that simple?

I'm just messing with you.....but I understand why people post here because no one ever really checks what is going on in talk.

allcarfan said:
I rarely bother going to classic talk....and dont mind the non-tech related articles here. Its not like we have 100s of threads all related to tech to read everyday in this forum.

word. :nice: some people are too uptight, like responding to any non tech-related thread with a subtle hint of their disapproval, usually by posting in all caps TALK .

I say, I mean I say, stuff like that immediately makes me see the error of my wicked ways, and makes me feel all humble and small, and think things like, "oh, I'm so terribly and forever sorry that I desecrated your sacred tech forum."

:banana:

Oh man you guys are funny. Sorry, I didn't know it was a difficult concept to grasp. I mean, we had a poll and they created a Talk section for us, so why not use it? I just don't understand it. I guess I just see things differently. Carry on. Post what you like. Enjoy

Ok, ok... I plead guilty... the TCP poll thread was mine, but I had a hard time deciding which section to post it in. I think a lot of folks don't/won't visit the "Talk" section but still have an interest in hearing about TCP's status, so I posted it on the "Tech" side. But I'd be pissed to see some rant about the price of gas, or some post about Van Helsing on the "Tech" side. I think my TCP poll is more tech than those topics. :shrug:

Ok, so to stop the drama, can we get this thread closed and moved to "Talk" now? Just a thought...

Yea, the place has gone to crap as far as that is concerned. What's wrong with a few rules that are indeed RULES here? Course, oh well, what's the use??????????????? I stilll will give anyone that abuses the rules a big TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I see it though. Freakin morons.

Maybe people don't post in the talk section because talk topics thrive in the tech section. I laugh when I see new post condemninng the the act that the posters themselves are commiting. I hear laughing is healthy for the body and soul, so keep 'em coming. LONG LIVE THE MISPLACED THREAD!!!!!!!.....and me!

brianj5600 said:
Maybe people don't post in the talk section because talk topics thrive in the tech section. I laugh when I see new post condemninng the the act that the posters themselves are commiting. I hear laughing is healthy for the body and soul, so keep 'em coming. LONG LIVE THE MISPLACED THREAD!!!!!!!.....and me!

Are you a one trick pony or what. Can you post a third reply saying the same thing?
I laugh at azzclowns who try to put the square block in the round hole and argue that it fits there. So carry on, I like the entertainment.

Snail50 said:
yea, it's tragic. when the morons aren't bombing someone's ancestral village or amputating the wrong leg, they're posting in the tech section.....

The only thing more tragic is when people defend with a fervor something that is wrong. But then, we tend to coddle the slow instead of just telling them they are slow.

gp001 said:
The only thing more tragic is when people defend with a fervor something that is wrong. But then, we tend to coddle the slow instead of just telling them they are slow.

actually, there are quite a few things more tragic (I can think of three off the top of my head), but I can see how they are easy to overlook when confronted with the utter sacrilege of a post in the wrong forum.

And I'm not really defending it; like you, I am merely finding the entertainment in it....

:flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.