Remove C4 Install Aod?

Mac99gt

Aug 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I Am Looking To Purchase A 90 Lx With A C4 Trans For A Daily Driver And Want To Remove The C4. Are There Any Special Tricks To This? What Do I Need To Look For In An Aod? What Stall Converter? It Also Has A B&m Shifter Will That Work With The Aod Or Will I Need A Different Cable? Will The Cross Member Work With Both? Will The Drive Shaft Work With Both? Does Anyone Want A C4 That Was Rebuilt 12,000 Miles Ago? That Is A Lot Of Questions.

• Sponsors (?)

no special tricks...remove driveshaft,removecrossmember,unbolt tranny.....get an aod not an aode...convertor will depend on cam etc....if motor is a roller cammed 5.0,you can re-use the flexplate if its a 164 tooth flywheel....you'll need a shifter for the aod,get one from a stang.....the crossmember will work.....the driveshaft will work also....keep in mind the aod will be more parasitic in hp/tq regards....i switched from a 5speed to a c4. what convertor and shifter are in the c4? i may be interested. i can get you parts for a swap.

That is good news. I have second hand info about the trans and engine but here it goes. C4, GER shift kit, (new valve body, seals, clutches, ect. ) Engine rebuilt 20k ago with E303 cam, bored .030 over, and GT-40 intake, and full exhaust. Can you test the stall?

hey,i run the e303 cam also...you should be fine with a stock aod convertor...maybe go to a 2000 stall.....i would recommend 3:73 gears if you don't already have them....i just looked the info over and depending on which b&m shifter you have you can purchase an install kit from jegs and use it with the aod....looks like all you'll need is a convertor...b&m makes a torkmaster 2000 stall for the aod,price is 159.99 from jegs....be sure to have the tv cable adjusted or you'll "burn" up the aod. you'll also want to put a shift kit in it as well. why the change from c4 to aod? usually it is the other way around.