Replaced my tranny mount...

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Stupid thing was busted in two. I was wondering why it would vibrate a little too much at highway speeds and bang a bit when poping the clutch too quickly. Anyway Just bored and thought I would share that. Not a bad thing to do with the age of our cars. Took me all of 10 minutes, Part was 12 bucks and worth it. Now I just have to worry about the motor mounts..:nonono: Not looking forward to having to do those. They look like kinda a pita. Anyone do them themselves and any tips? lol

• Sponsors (?)

i've got a poly trans mount,need poly motor mounts as well.dosent look too hard,just support motor from the bottom with a jack and a block of wood,right?

i've got a poly trans mount,need poly motor mounts as well.dosent look too hard,just support motor from the bottom with a jack and a block of wood,right?

Well it doesnt look that bad but I have heard its not as easy as it looks, lol. How bad is NVH with that poly trans mount? I am very into a nice ride So i stuck with stock tranny mount and plan on stock motor mounts also.

not bad at all,had it for awhile now.can feel a little more vibration over stock,but hardly any noise.the interior was very quiet when i had the aode.i can now hear more noise after i swapped in the t5,with a little more when i put in the tri-ax.those are the trade-offs for improved performance that i am willing to accept.