Repro door shells

randy66gt350

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 11, 2003
utica, mi
I installed a reproduction door shell today that I bought a year ago on Ebay...It fits like ****. :bang: :bang: This thing has to go. After four hours trying to align it, it looks no better than when I started. Anybody know where I can find a decent original door shell (dr side) for a 66?

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased mine from Greg Wahlrab, http://www.arizonafastfords.com

I am very pleased with what he sent me, and does he pack the box well! He is a bit more expensive from what I have seen but no junk, he will tell you that & it is true. I bought a door from someone else that was just as good as the pr. Greg sent but he did not pack it well, threw it in a box and taped it up, now I have a rust free door with 2 bent corners... I am sure I can have it fixed but I will have more in it.

Good luck in your search!!!

Mike

By "shell" are you refering to the skin or the structural part of the door? :shrug:

I think is would be safe to say that the opinion here is that repro body parts have, shall we say "quality issues". Realmongo, from Mass., came all the way out here to sunny Washington State to get a good used NOS door. Good original parts are getting tougher to find but patience (and travel) may be needed.

Be patient and keep looking (as suggested). Remember, you have an OLD car, perhaps older than you!