Rockwood Cruise-in hospitality!!

I went to the local cruise nite in Rockwood, a small town near where I live. The Lady that runs it, came into the shop and offered me a new (in the box) Mustang II carpet for $75.00, she said I could pick it up at the cruise. My Girl friend and I went to the cruise-in. I won best Mustang (a free pizza at the local pizza shop).
The plan was to pick-up the carpet at her house (couple blocks away). So the cruise ends, I start up the II and go park next to Lisa and Carl (the people that run it). They pack up the P.A system ect and they are all ready to go. I go to start the II and the starter runs but does not ingage. (Automatic car, no bum starts here). It is 11:00PM on a Saturday and the II won't start! I was not to upset, figure I will beat the starter with a hammer, no go! Now I am freakin' out! Carl and Lisa Called there friends and we pushed the II 3 blocks to there house. The garage door opens-They have a Hoist!!! Up, in the air, I start takin' the starter out, Carl Says he has a parts Bronco in the back yard to get a starter from. I pulled the starter out of the II and the drive had blown-up, Springs and parts everywhere! I told Carl the II had a specific starter and the Bronco unit would not cut it. So he phones a friend that has II's and the guy delivers a rebuilt stater!! All the time, I am wrenching on the II, My Girlfriend and Lisa are drinking beers and hangin' out in front of a bomb fire! After the Mach was running. We hung out until 2:00AM, we had a couple of beers and Lisa Dug-out and gave me her Mustang II parts stash. (headlight doors and tail light bezels). Gotta love Car Guy's and Girls:D :D

• Sponsors (?)