Roush Saleen - Rousch

hauoli63

Feb 28, 2004
Northern Virginia
Hi All,

I accidentally posted this question under parts for sale ... dummy me! I am relatively new to mustangs and I have a stupid question. Is the Saleen like the Roush(sp?) where they take a GT and soupe(sp?) it up?

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

Well as far as i know Roush is more in competition with Saleen than any other "tuner", but Roush would actually be the equal of steeda since they are just "tuners". Where as Saleen was granted a manufacturers title. So a roush will always be called a Roush stage 3 MUSTANG. Where as a Saleen owner if they wanted could say they are a saleen s-281 owner.

I am pretty sure all this is still correct, if not someone will jump all over it

I think you have to decide what you want to do with the car. Do a search on e-bay and look at both cars to see which body style you like more. If you are into more power, brakes, handling, interior upgrades... there are so many options.

saleenster said:
Look is probably what most are attracted to first. Me, I believe the Saleen Mustang is the best looking car on the road for the $$. I like the Roush, just not into the side pipes. :flag:

Me Too. I went to the dealer looking for a new Cobra...untill I laid eyes on an 01 Mineral Gray SC281 Speedster conv. It was love at first sight!! They are HANDS DOWN the best looking car for the money. :nice:

Rico752 said:
Me Too. I went to the dealer looking for a new Cobra...untill I laid eyes on an 01 Mineral Gray SC281 Speedster conv. It was love at first sight!! They are HANDS DOWN the best looking car for the money. :nice:

Rico752, looks like we have the same style Saleen...mine is 788-01. I have a few pics on my website.

When I purchased mine it was between a Roush Stage 3 and the S/C Saleen...styling, value, and the fact that I got a good deal on mine are what sold me on the Saleen. Shortly after I purchased mine they came out with the Extremes, I wish I had waited.