SEA FOAM ????

• Sponsors (?)

pull the big vac line off the 90* degree fitting that is in your M/S and put a small funnel in the hose and pour the seafoam in slowly till it's almost gone then when you have about 1/4 or a little less pour it in all at once to try and kill the engine. (that's what I did) or just stick the hose in the can and pull it out to stop the emgine from stalling untill the seafoam is gone and shut the engine off and let sit for about 15 minutes....start it up let idle for a little bit than go for a drive and watch the smoke pour out...It will be harder to start than normal.

I would like to see some testing to see if seafoam is really that good, or is it just a great smoke show. It seems kind of weak to be effective. GM Top Engine Cleaner will take your skin off and if you sniff it, your nose burns. You have to delude it when using it on injectors or plastic because it's so strong it can damage them if used straight.

Let me let you in on this...

Do you really want a clean engine? Do you just want a smoke show?

Well, if all you want it a smoke show, get a bottle of seafoam and knock yourself out. But, if you want to really do something, try this:

Supplies: Get a can of GM Top Engine Cleaner. (If you go to a GM dealer, don't worry, they won't hurt you, pack a handgun and maby some Kevlar clothing just in case) Get some GM Top Engine Cleaner. It is fairly cheap. Now, take a wiff of it, notice the burn, maby a slight buzz, but don't sniff it too much. If you don't want the GM stuff, get a can of carb cleaner, that will do, but just not as strong. Get a small funnel with a flexable rubber/plastic hose on the end. Get a new set of plugs.

With engine cool, shut off fuel pump, (unplug, pull relay, fuse, whatever) and pull out spark plugs. Pour a little solvent in each cylinder. Turn motor over. Pour more in each cylinder and then put in old plugs. Go to bed, or step away for at least 8 hours, bs on stangnet and exchange more wothless posts with Strype. Do not try to crank engine. Now pull old plugs out, turn engine over a lot, get all that crap out of the cylinders. I usually put a little more solvent in for a rince. But get it good and turned out. Put old plugs back in, attach plug wires. You may want to rince the liquified carbon sludge off the headers, it stinks. Reconnect fuel pump (relay, however you did it) and start engine. It may take a few tries, so don't give up easy and come back cussing out 90mustangGT for messing up you car, I didn't. When if fires, you'll get one hell of a smoke show. Run the engine and revv it up some. Get it all burned out until the smoke stops, maby some more. Now, pull plugs, put in new plugs, change oil and filter.

This is the official procedure from GM to get the 6.0 to stop detonating from carbon build up. It really works.

Do you really want a clean engine? Do you just want a smoke show?

Well, if all you want it a smoke show, get a bottle of seafoam and knock yourself out. But, if you want to really do something, try this:

Supplies: Get a can of GM Top Engine Cleaner. (If you go to a GM dealer, don't worry, they won't hurt you, pack a handgun and maby some Kevlar clothing just in case) Get some GM Top Engine Cleaner. It is fairly cheap. Now, take a wiff of it, notice the burn, maby a slight buzz, but don't sniff it too much. If you don't want the GM stuff, get a can of carb cleaner, that will do, but just not as strong. Get a small funnel with a flexable rubber/plastic hose on the end. Get a new set of plugs.

With engine cool, shut off fuel pump, (unplug, pull relay, fuse, whatever) and pull out spark plugs. Pour a little solvent in each cylinder. Turn motor over. Pour more in each cylinder and then put in old plugs. Go to bed, or step away for at least 8 hours, bs on stangnet and exchange more wothless posts with Strype. Do not try to crank engine. Now pull old plugs out, turn engine over a lot, get all that crap out of the cylinders. I usually put a little more solvent in for a rince. But get it good and turned out. Put old plugs back in, attach plug wires. You may want to rince the liquified carbon sludge off the headers, it stinks. Reconnect fuel pump (relay, however you did it) and start engine. It may take a few tries, so don't give up easy and come back cussing out 90mustangGT for messing up you car, I didn't. When if fires, you'll get one hell of a smoke show. Run the engine and revv it up some. Get it all burned out until the smoke stops, maby some more. Now, pull plugs, put in new plugs, change oil and filter.

This is the official procedure from GM to get the 6.0 to stop detonating from carbon build up. It really works.

thats how we got a few cars (esp early Northstar Cadillacs) through emissions inspection a few times at the Chevy dealer that I worked at for awhile :nice: