Seam sealer in engine bay?

• Sponsors (?)

Did you guys use any seam sealer in the engine bay, firewall and rad support seams? I don't recall any being in there when I cleaned it all up and now that it's ready for paint it looks like it's begging for it.
Not in that location., just the cowl to firewall seem as I recall. If your not doing a concourse restoration there has been many examples of how to improve the original design.

i seal every seem.it keeps crud out of the overlap joints.no place for rust to start.
the trick is to apply the sealer smooth so it doesn't look ugly. 3Ms tan sealer works great,in a caulking tube. i used to use E6000 ,it made a smooth bead and realy looked good but a cant find it here any more.

The front inner to rad support especially looks like a big gap so I figured it might actually look better if I sealed it. It isn't concourse so I'm not worried about that. I have a caulking tube of it already so I'll lay a bead in there for sure. The firewall to inner is a bit more awkward so we'll see what happens there, may leave it rather than make a big mess. I don't think the car will get much ugly weather driving so this is as much for looks as rust prevention.

Thanks

the 3M sealer will seal a fairly wide gap. you can smooth it with your finger if done before it skins over. keep some lac. thinner on hand to wipe off excess ,it can get messy.
i think it looks a lot cleaner when sealed. i have noticed some cars are sealed at the fire wall and fender supports .my 69 was

the 3M sealer will seal a fairly wide gap. you can smooth it with your finger if done before it skins over. keep some lac. thinner on hand to wipe off excess ,it can get messy.
i think it looks a lot cleaner when sealed. i have noticed some cars are sealed at the fire wall and fender supports .my 69 was

I expect it to look cleaner as well, particularly the front as I mentioned. The inners are spot welded to the front and over time gets quite fatigued so it's not a nice clean line, the firewall is much better. I've brushed on seam sealer before in areas you don't see and it's certainly not a clean application so I figured I would go with the caulking gun, it has to be a much better application.

Thanks