shaker 500 specs

does anyone know what the specs are on the shaker 500 for a 2008 gt california special?? Like rms output power?? Does the factory unit have rca inputs to hook up an amp?? is there just 1 set or multiple rca jacks for multiple amp hookups?? where are the factory amps located for the 8" midbass drivers in the doors??

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the RMS watts. There are no RCAs, only wire harness hookups and the antenna jack. I had my driver side kick panel off today and noticed what looked like an amp (silver or gray) just above the panel under the dash.

Don't know, but this is the first car I have ever owned that I didn't want to replace the stereo first thing.
1) Nobody is gonna sit in that excuse of a backseat.
2) The frt. subs are alright
3)Upgrade the subs if u must in the doors(direct replacements are available).

well I know that you can put 8" slim subs to replace those midbass drivers in the doors. It'll take some effort to make slim subs fit, but they'll fit.

I have a friend who has a 2008 california special mustang gt and he wants to upgrade his sound system which has the shaker 500 in it. I told him to upgrade the speakers first before doing the head unit as he used to have a 2005 mustang gt with the shaker 500 and he put in a kenwood head unit. He likes to crank up his music loud and first off, I knew that he had blown his factory speakers being that they put out about 5 rms watts and are paper material. The kenwood put out roughly 22 rms watts per channel.

But for his 2008 CS mustang gt, he wants to keep the factory look and was wondering if you could add an aftermarket amp