Sheila Vs. turbo RSX (boo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend with a 92 gt, cold air, gears, pullies, exhaust.. I dont think thre was much else.. and another friend with a Type S.. coldair and exhaust only. And both where basically neck and neck.. the 5.0 usually got 2/3 and the rsx got the 5.0 once or twice in a group of runs.. They were always real real close.. both knew how to shift gears good.

I dont know about the ability of the turbo.. but I think it would be a close match. I think the stang has a way better chance from with a launch.

When my buddies raced.. the stang always jumped out first, but the type-s went through the gears quick and would catch up and then it was neck and neck..luck of the draw who pushed it more. Btw, Type-s comes 200hp from factory..and ways less than the stang.

• Sponsors (?)

14psi, about one extra atmosphere, he's going to need a lot more than that. Through a stock engine, it's not gong to double the amount of air in the engine. These turbo kits they are sellign for imports aren't that great. Like I said, a real setup and storebought is a world of difference. I'm sorry but if a Miata (which is much ligher than a RSX) with 17psi tuned would kill that RSX like a wolf in a bunny cage, and a similar effect should happen to the RSX, but it's a snake instead it's a wolf.

I just got information from a fellow online AIM user that the RSX-S is incapable of supporting 14 psi due to its high 10.5:1 compression.

My friends buddy is talking **** because that engine will detonate if it saw anything above 8 psi. unless hes running C16 gas which he is not because hes only like 18 and doesnt know what a spark plug is.

Even on 14 psi my car should rape his.

Well, in my experience, I went 14.2 in my car with nothing more than magnaflow CB, and pullies on Nitto tires. I saw an rsx-s do a whopping 16.1 with a CAI at the same track. I will be absolutely shocked if you dont win. I've seen it with me own two eyes...

Wow, some people posting suggestions about the RSX-S when they know nothing about it. It has crappy quarter mile times yes, because it's low on torque and is horrible with a launch.

If your traction is non-existant with a Mustang, you're doing something wrong. Mustangs win by beating people out of the hole and using their torque. Racing him from a roll will not be easy.

My buddy has a stock RSX-S, it hung with my old 88 5.0 with full exhaust, 3:55's from a roll. I can beat him from a dig, and he couldn't gain. On the highway it would've killed me. Killed a stock 2001 GT on the highway. Hung with a very low 13's WRX on the highway. I can't imagine what a turbo RSX-S would do from a roll.

Keep in mind no matter how little traction you think you have, the RSX-S will be worse if you launch your car right. Beat him from a dig and hope he doesn't pull.

Quarter mile times can be very deceiving since they don't really show much of top-end acceleration.

Well good luck though, I'd very much like to see this race and hope you win. Get vids!

My buddy Matt has a bad RSX. It's only got a CAI and a catback and this thing screams for what it is. I can only put a car on him from a 30-105 roll. He put 187 to the wheels. He's got a turbo kit he's putting together. All he needs is the actual turbocharger and an injector harness. I think it's gonna put alot of near stock LS1s to shame. His car is a freak though. My buddy Wesley just got a Type S last week and it runs nothing like Matts. My buddy Michael had an SRT4 with an AEM CAI and could only put 2 cars on Matt's RSX. I had some vids of that race. I'll see if I can find them. Good luck with the race. I think you'll win, but don't be too cocky.

1EVIL88VERT said:
true rsx's are not that fast from the factory but if this kid has the cash to swing a 14psi turbo kit, do you realy think he left everything else alone?

It wouldn't surprise me if he did. Most of these young kids that modify any kind of car don't seem to know ****, and show no interest in learning. At least that has been my experience, even with some people on here.

dead said:
Wow, some people posting suggestions about the RSX-S when they know nothing about it. It has crappy quarter mile times yes, because it's low on torque and is horrible with a launch.

If your traction is non-existant with a Mustang, you're doing something wrong. Mustangs win by beating people out of the hole and using their torque. Racing him from a roll will not be easy.

My buddy has a stock RSX-S, it hung with my old 88 5.0 with full exhaust, 3:55's from a roll. I can beat him from a dig, and he couldn't gain. On the highway it would've killed me. Killed a stock 2001 GT on the highway. Hung with a very low 13's WRX on the highway. I can't imagine what a turbo RSX-S would do from a roll.

Keep in mind no matter how little traction you think you have, the RSX-S will be worse if you launch your car right. Beat him from a dig and hope he doesn't pull.

Quarter mile times can be very deceiving since they don't really show much of top-end acceleration.

Well good luck though, I'd very much like to see this race and hope you win. Get vids!
What he said too.

I would like to see this race on a vid. I hope you win but thoose 4 banggers with turbo's rip pretty good. My buddy had a Laser (Talon) with turbo he was runing 18 psi and I seen the gauge at 18 that thing ****in flew. He went to the track and ran aganst a Fox cobra the Cobra ran a 12.9 and the Laser did a 12.3 He also was all wheel drive and pretty much stock. I have never seen a RSX with boost in person so I cant say much about them. Give your car some laughing gas and you will be laughing. :nice:

Dbeck002 said:
I asked him to tell his buddy to race from a roll because my traction is non existant.

Who do you think will win?
No offence, but if you can't go from a dead stop, you probably shouldn't race at all. Your car isn't making that much power that you should be able to do it. I think if anything, you need a little practice behind the wheel.

Gearbanger 101 said:
No offence, but if you can't go from a dead stop, you probably shouldn't race at all. Your car isn't making that much power that you should be able to do it. I think if anything, you need a little practice behind the wheel.

That's not always the case. Launching a car with 300 rwhp and normal street tires is not an easy task.

A little feathering of the clutch some moderation of the throttle and a little practice is all that's required. If his tires are in that rough a shape, then that’s one more reason he shouldn't be racing. His combination is designed to utilize low-end/mid-range horsepower and torque anyway, so why not take advantage of it and race on his terms. Because if he thinks that running a turbo car from a roll is going to swing things into his favor, he's sadly mistaken. You don’t hear guys running ’03 Cobra’s bitching about going from a roll, do you? And they’ve even got IRS to contend with. How about the hordes and hordes of LSI owners? All them are in the 300rwhp range and just as tough to launch as our Stangs. If I had a dime for every time I've heard some guys use the "lets race from a roll because my car makes too much power" excuse, I'd have.....a pocket full of dimes!!!

I can't see even feathering the clutch making a huge difference (on my car anyway) If I'm anywhere above 2000 rpm in first, all I have to do is tap the throttle, not even floor it, and the tires will break loose. Drag radials, they're fine, but normal H rated street tires....forget about it. And it's not because I have too much power, it's because the rear end is so god damn light.

Status
Not open for further replies.