Shift Knob Pics Please

• Sponsors (?)

Here's mine (2004 GT vert)

Attachments

• Shift Knob.jpg
    Shift Knob.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 290
snoopy98 said:
i dont see the big deal about shifters i think mine works perfectly fine. and its stock.

I thought the same thing until I got my pro 50 and it is night and day different. But I was racing more and didnt want to damage my trans by SLAMING gears at the track. But its great on the street also.

Mega-Man said:
... FYI Also, there is a little screw in the top-center of the ring which you tighten to prevent the knob from spinning--awesome!

Definate look for a know that has some sort of a screw or nut to aviod spinning in hard shifting. When I find one, I will send my Steeda cue-ball back...

GTvert01 said:
I bet that thing gets hot as hell

I thought so too, but not really. I've driven with it on those hot humid 95+ degree days and it sometimes gets mildly warm, but nothing bad. If it sits in the sun too long it does get hot, but it quickly cools off after a few shifts.

It does get COLD though. We've had a few mornings dip into the 50's this summer and the knob was cold inthe morning. We'll see what it's like when it's 0 degrees out.

i_eat_rice(rs) said:
Throw a tube sock over it :) haha j/k.....but yea i like the look of that chrome GT knob....but i was also worried about burning that gt emblem into the palm of my hand.

Edge

Haha, it doesn't get that hot. It just gets a little warm but it only does that on the hottest of days.

There's nothing on my knob, it's just a solid polished ball. It scratches easy though and you get figerprints on it
alumbilletshiftknob.jpg

I just wanted something to break up the blackness of my interior. I have El-glo gauges and thought the knob was a nice touch. I might go back to the stock leather one for the winter if it gets too cold.
Stang6.jpg

I have the IUP center radio bezel as well. I'm just waiting til i find a IUP shifter trim peice before i install it.