Shift Knob Pics Please

I love mine. It's an MRT 2.25 running pony. It doesn't get hot either.
489607_216_full.jpg

489607_217_full.jpg

489607_201.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

cold96snake said:
I want a white fat knob. Saw one at FFW, so I know they make'em. HELP!

Fat Knobs makes a black and ivory knob. Both are solid colors with no inlay or pattern. My MRT is 2.25 which is the same size as a fat knob, and it's pretty comfortable.

http://www.fatknobs.com/mustang.html

EDIT: I like the MRT because it has a brass insert for the threads instead of the threads being part of the ball.

I have a Ford one , it's Carbon Fiber , very good ergonomy ( same as stock I think ) it doesn't transfert the heat like some do but the best part is : It has a allen screw to lock it in place so no more twisting under hard shifting , I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.. :nonono:

shift_knob_2.jpg

shift_knob_1.jpg

First off, if you are burning your hand on your shifter ball, than you are doing something wrong. Hand should only be on the shifter long enough to shift it, and then it should be on the wheel with his other friend....lefty. :p
Second, for those WITHOUT an aftermarket shifter......FOR SHAME :nono:

Third, for this guy:

dashpaint%20011.jpg

Just take the shift handle off and stick your finger in the whole to shift, the damm shifter handle is short enough you shouldn't even notice any difference and the weight savings should make up for it too :nice:

Fourth, I had the Hurst white shift ball....to damm big and it never did get tight enough and eventually stripped the ball right off of the threads. :mad: Thank god for Advance Auto Parts "No Hassle Return Policy" :D

I like stock for now, but would either be happy with a smaller white knob or Mach 1 Billitt one. We shall see.

Enough opinions from me. :D

mcmmotorsports said:
Second, for those WITHOUT an aftermarket shifter......FOR SHAME :nono:

Third, for this guy:

dashpaint%20011.jpg

Just take the shift handle off and stick your finger in the whole to shift, the damm shifter handle is short enough you shouldn't even notice any difference and the weight savings should make up for it too :nice:

The shifter is a Steeda Tri-Ax and it was in reverse when I took the pic.

mcmmotorsports said:
First off, if you are burning your hand on your shifter ball, than you are doing something wrong. Hand should only be on the shifter long enough to shift it, and then it should be on the wheel with his other friend....lefty. :p

Have you ever driven in town , or better yet, in town with 4.10s? :rolleyes:

mine doesn't get too bad. it was pretty hot this morning, but after a few blocks it was good to go. I love the feel.. Nothing better than a t-bar.. if you're looking for grip, go for that.