shortining your antena

• Sponsors (?)

I did it myself. It's so ghetto but works and looks much better. I cut it to the right size with a jigsaw and then superglued the ball back to the top. LOL! Then I sprayed it black. Hey, it was free! lol

AmBo said:
I did it myself. It's so ghetto but works and looks much better. I cut it to the right size with a jigsaw and then superglued the ball back to the top. LOL! Then I sprayed it black. Hey, it was free! lol

thats how i did it too... but i used a cut-off tool instead... looks much better :D

BadMoFo said:
ok looked for the thread on it but cant seem to find it. I want to shorten my antena cause I am tired of it looking so out of place.

I've heard of internal antennas that run along the inside of the fender wall. Have you considered "deleting" the antenna all together? I've never seen a stang with one of these in place either.

Just curious :)

i did the mod ... looks good !

764666_47_full.jpg

Jinx102672 said:
I've heard of internal antennas that run along the inside of the fender wall.

Well, as long as your fender is made of a ferrous metal, it would not work.

The only "built-in" antennas I know of, are the one built-in to glass. Either the windshield (old GM) or a rear side window.

reading this made me want to do it, so i went to autozone and got the $4 shorty. no reception problems, but it is quite a but thicker than the stock one and more noticable. not sure if im gonna keep it. no reception problems though. at least i got to mod today

helty said:
reading this made me want to do it, so i went to autozone and got the $4 shorty. no reception problems, but it is quite a but thicker than the stock one and more noticable. not sure if im gonna keep it. no reception problems though. at least i got to mod today

Is it black? What is the exact part #? I am heading there after work!