Show us your "RED" Fox Mustangs!

jay briand said:
hey 88-GT-5-oh,
i have never seen anyone w/ painted pony rims like yours w/ the silver wheel lips & darker rim face. you did a great job giving pony rims a new look. normally i am not into painted ponys but you picked the right color to do it & looks outstanding on your car. i like it alot & may consider this for my wifes ponys on her 92 notch! exactly what color did you use on the rims?

Jay

thanks! its duplicolor rim pain, there are only 3 colors to choose from i can't remmeber the color name but when you see them its pretty easy to tell which color it is. the only reason i painted mine was becuse the previous owner did a ****ty job polishing the rims and then used chrome tape (stuff you use on furnaces) for the center caps. so after driving it for a year and a half they looked like crap

• Sponsors (?)

View attachment 500448

View attachment 500450

IM000620.jpg

View attachment 500454

Attachments

• IM000620.jpg
    IM000620.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
Topdowncruise said:
Sorry for the trial and error posts.I am just figuring out how to post images to a forum.

You should consider putting black body molding inside the indent in the side molding on that car. It would set it off and pull the black top together with the car nicely if you aren't concerened about leaving it 100% stock. It sticks out just slightly further than the side molding and helps protect it from door dents in the molding paint too. Here is a pic of it in mine........

tmoss said:
You should consider putting black body molding inside the indent in the side molding on that car. It would set it off and pull the black top together with the car nicely if you aren't concerened about leaving it 100% stock. It sticks out just slightly further than the side molding and helps protect it from door dents in the molding paint too. Here is a pic of it in mine........
Thanks for the idea.The car previously had a white top which I didn't think matched as well as the black top.I am planning to repaint my car next spring as the titanium bottom paint has peeled off in a few spots and an ugly dark yellow is showing through.I am about 50/50 on repainting it entirely red vs. leaving it the stock two tone.I assume your's is "medium cabernet red" like mine.If you have any more pics of your car,I would appreciate seeing them to help me with my color decision.

Topdowncruise said:
It looks like you repainted the car recently? The titanium bottom looks a lot shinier than the flat titanium color paint from the factory.
You don't like it? :D I love how my car looks. Havn't seen too many red foxes that look like mine out on the street. To be perfectly honest, I just bought the car about 2 months ago, and it came this way. I like the two tone look.