Simple question for you GT owners :D

StngStr said:
If you shift into 2nd at 3000 rpm, you'll only be going 18 mph. Not exactly "smartly". 2nd to 3rd at 3000 rpm is only 30 mph. Still not exactly "smartly". 3rd to 4th at 3k rpms is 46.5 mph. WOW! Now you're MOVIN' SMARTLY!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Sorry if I don't dog my Stang. Hey F_ck it. Bonce the needle of the red, it's the only way to keep it real. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have 4:10s in my car and shift around 3000rpm most of the time. With the 4:10s your barely moving at 2000rpm (never looked, but probably around 10mph?) I shift at 3000 from first to second and from second to third. I shift around 2500 from third to fourth. I truly feel that 4000rpm with moderate peadal pressure (1/4 throttle) is ideal with the 4:10s for normal driving, but I just dont like having to wind it to 4k all the time (maybe I shoulf just give it a little more gas and be willing to shift faster. It seems as though I have to do a lot of granny shifting around town anyway. I usually end up shifting really slowly between 1 and 2 because even at part throttle I will end up riding the bumper in front of me, so cluth goes in and then I wait till I can hit second without crashing into the guy in front of me) The 4:10s are great when you really get on them (In normal driving I usually gradually give it 1/4 throtle) but for safe economic driving they just dont allow a lot of mph. Alot of cars out there seem to get away from lights faster than me when just driving casual. If I dont like them pulling on me in normal driving I just wind second to 5000rpm and no one is hanging with me anymore. I love the 4:10s, but kind of miss being able to wind first to 40 mph with the stock gears. All though I dont remember it, I probably was depressing the throttle farther with the stock gears. I know that If I pull away more agressively(quickly depressing the throttle to 1/2 to 3/4, anymore and the tires start to say bye bye) and am willing to have to shift faster, I would leave a lot more people at the lights. It seems though that there are alot of people out there who dont understand the concept of moderation. They only understand pedal down and pedal up. Alot of people just jump on there cars when pulling away, full throttle everytime. Maybe thats what its like to have a week car. I know if I drove my stang like I drove my Celebrity Wagon (Pedal to the floor just to get up to speed) I would be dusting almost everyone all the time. I guess I have adapted to driving a car with some balls.

Jesus said:
I have 4:10s in my car and shift around 3000rpm most of the time. With the 4:10s your barely moving at 2000rpm (never looked, but probably around 10mph?) I shift at 3000 from first to second and from second to third. I shift around 2500 from third to fourth. I truly feel that 4000rpm with moderate peadal pressure (1/4 throttle) is ideal with the 4:10s for normal driving, but I just dont like having to wind it to 4k all the time (maybe I shoulf just give it a little more gas and be willing to shift faster. It seems as though I have to do a lot of granny shifting around town anyway. I usually end up shifting really slowly between 1 and 2 because even at part throttle I will end up riding the bumper in front of me, so cluth goes in and then I wait till I can hit second without crashing into the guy in front of me) The 4:10s are great when you really get on them (In normal driving I usually gradually give it 1/4 throtle) but for safe economic driving they just dont allow a lot of mph. Alot of cars out there seem to get away from lights faster than me when just driving casual. If I dont like them pulling on me in normal driving I just wind second to 5000rpm and no one is hanging with me anymore. I love the 4:10s, but kind of miss being able to wind first to 40 mph with the stock gears. All though I dont remember it, I probably was depressing the throttle farther with the stock gears. I know that If I pull away more agressively(quickly depressing the throttle to 1/2 to 3/4, anymore and the tires start to say bye bye) and am willing to have to shift faster, I would leave a lot more people at the lights. It seems though that there are alot of people out there who dont understand the concept of moderation. They only understand pedal down and pedal up. Alot of people just jump on there cars when pulling away, full throttle everytime. Maybe thats what its like to have a week car. I know if I drove my stang like I drove my Celebrity Wagon (Pedal to the floor just to get up to speed) I would be dusting almost everyone all the time. I guess I have adapted to driving a car with some balls.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Couldn't
have said it better myself. Thumb up!

StngStr said:
If you shift into 2nd at 3000 rpm, you'll only be going 18 mph. Not exactly "smartly". 2nd to 3rd at 3000 rpm is only 30 mph. Still not exactly "smartly". 3rd to 4th at 3k rpms is 46.5 mph. WOW! Now you're MOVIN' SMARTLY!!!!!

this is what I do, and some of us live in congested downtown dude