Smog: Cali residents in here

vtecwho

Feb 24, 2008
My set up should be listed down in my sig.:shrug:

my car passes smog with flying colors with the e cam.:flag:

i have not needed to get it smogged with the vortech yet but its CARB legal so i dont think i will have any problems.

my question is: since i have put a blower on the car i was looking at getting a F cam. does anyone have any experience with this cam and the cali nazis? :shrug:

my E cam has a carb number but who is going to honestly be checking what cam is hidden in my block?:nono:

i was just curious if im stuck with the E cam.

how many other cams dont have carb numbers on them that pass the sniffer in Cali.... must be a few at least.

im also putting in 42lb inj. and a LMAF. should not sued the sniffer right?

eric

• Sponsors (?)

I do believe that the F cam and the combo of the injectors might get you in trouble. Unless your tune is SPOT on, the sniffer test will get you. Plus, when you have a larger cam, the techs generally arent stupid...I had one ask me flat out what cam was in it.

on the Injetors/ MAF, it will depend on the smog guy... I have failed the visual because of having different color injectors and a idle control plate. The F-cam will pass smog(I've passed with it), but because of its lope the smog guy might fail you, but then again he can't prove its not stock.