Smog pump delete

cymmij

May 20, 2009
N.E Illinois
I am putting my car back together and wanted to remove the smog pump because I do not need to take my car for emissions testing other than a shorter belt or smog pump delete idler what else do I need to do just rip all the smog stuff out or will that screw up the cpu?

• Sponsors (?)

I removed the smog from a couple cars with no trouble. Pump and lines went to clean up the engine bay. You might get a CEL, but it's nothing to worry about. I actaully did not get one when I removed mine.

delete kit for the a/c. it pushes the power steering pump up where the a/c was. other wise the belt crosses over the alternator and hits the water pump on the way to the p/s. they do make dead pulleys that bolt in where the a/c was but it looks like crap.

"Mustang5L5;7918895" who is that chick in your picture? **** star hot! anyways if anyones looking for a smog pump delete i now have one available. took it off my mustang today, im saying F U Cali smog and going full illegal. :) message me on aim "acidlamerz" its for a 79-93 maybe new?

Yes, remember to plug the 2 exposed ports on back of the engine. I used to large bolts and threaded them in. When i got rid of the A/C i used the ford racing a/c delete braket to move the power steering pump, then got rid of the smog pump, then removed the clutch fan. I did everything in stages so i went through a bunch of belts.....figuring out the size. I also run underdrive pullies. Measure to amek sure you have no contact on your belts and that you running the accessories in the right direction. Sounds simple but the size belts everyone listed didn't work for my setup. If all else fails use a piece of string to measure the belt size you will need. Good luck.