smog pump hoses - can I re-route, other options?

HuebyStang94

Aug 25, 2004
STL
Hey all, in the middle of my heads/intake/blower install. Question on the smog equipment, I'm going to remove the smog lines going into the back of the heads. BUT, I might just leave the tube going down into the cats so the air from the smog pump has somewhere to go. (is there a better idea?)

If I do this, can I get rid of one of these canisters in the smog tubing, and just reroute the tubing?? Both have vacuum fittings on top. Simply pluggin the other ends wherever they lead will do no harm? A pic of the tubing is below. Thanks for any suggestions!

smog22av.jpg

...........and just for fun, below is a pic of where I am at now. :cool:

bare6jq.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If you are able just get rid of the whole smog system. Or, maybe just keep the EGR parts hooked up and remove the smog tubing only. I don't think you will be able to fool anyone keeping just the one tube.

Well, I'm installing a blower as well, and for the belt route it looks like i need to keep the smog pulley in the bracket. ... I just didn't know if I could leave the pump sitting there and route the air somewhere so I didn't have to gut it. Thanks!