So I went to Sears today..

sonicblue87lx

Jul 1, 2005
The lady at the counter told me that starting yesterday your no longer allowed to return or exchange unless you have proof of purchase on tools. I was like um... Alright Now what am I going to do for all the other Craftsman tools that I have with nothing showing. Before all I had to do was bring the tool get a new one and give them my old one... I know some people will be bitching about this one there. Wasnt sure if its just at this sears or if they are doing it everywhere.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustangless said:
this ratchet broke on me.

What, Do i have my receipt?

Here it is, 1987, gald I held on to this.

That is probably going to cause problems.

They never replaced any of mine anyway ..... they always gave me a "refurbishing" kit ...... :rolleyes: And to think ... I spent 3 years working for those morons until I joind the service ....

Maybe bull from that store, when I lived in Greenville, SC I took a few broken screw drivers to the Sears at the Mall and the guy told me they didn't honor that anymore.

I don't know if it's true now or not but in the last 6 months, my Son and I gathered up some tools we've had around for awhile, a ratchet that didn't always ratchet and even those same tools I tried returning from SC and we had no problems getting them replaced. Two of the screw drivers were ones that were discoutinued and they said just pick out something close and we'll exchange them.

Well i wouldn't be surprised.. the quality of thier electric tools went to crap why not stop honoring the warranty on thier hand tools... And before anyone says it I will also be one of those that is screwed... All of my hand tools are craptsmen...

94-302-vert said:
Well i wouldn't be surprised.. the quality of thier electric tools went to crap why not stop honoring the warranty on thier hand tools... And before anyone says it I will also be one of those that is screwed... All of my hand tools are craptsmen...
You're right on the electric tools, I used to be a Designer for the company that made all their portable electric hand tools (Singer Company) and now Sears has different vendors and brands plus Singer was bought out by the Japanese Company Ryobi. I don't know if they are still a Vendor for Sears or not though but I feel like thier electric tools went to crap as you do.