So what do you guys run at the track??

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I don't care about magazine tests with pro drivers.

For the guys who have gone to the track? How did you do?

I just want to know how my two Mustangs will stack up against an average driver on the street. :D

• Sponsors (?)

slegos888stang said:
i have yet to see an actual time slip from anyone on the internet!! but if you two cars are stock they will both get a nice view of the tail end for sure!!!!

Stock? What's that?? :D :p

Reason for this post is because like you said, i haven't seen any times from real world people like you and me. I've seen magazine times, but not everyone is a pro driver.

I've seen a couple vids of some low 14 second ET's and a few 14.5's but these came right as the '05's hit the street.

I was kinda hoping some guys would run their cars at the track and start posting ET's so we can see what kinda bell-shaped curve we can expect from an '05 and where the average is going to fall on.

I have a feeling the timeslip data will pour in next spring when the tracks all reopen for the season.

They came out kind of late in the year to get some real times... I will give you a couple of answers next year early but it will no longer be stock by then...

Mustang5L5 said:
Stock? What's that?? :D :p

Reason for this post is because like you said, i haven't seen any times from real world people like you and me. I've seen magazine times, but not everyone is a pro driver.

you call the magazine drivers pro's :rlaugh: :rlaugh: far from it they are alway the worst numbers possible!! :rlaugh:

I doubt the times will really improve that much. Consider that everyone running them now is running them in cooler weather which is a nice performance booster...

Why do the GTO guys come in on almost every thread and try and to stir up the 05 GT guys? I am in the market for a new ride and have it narrowed down to an 05 GTO and an 05 GT and visit multiple sites to get info, but I must say the Mustang guys are much more civilized and when speaking of the GTO do so with respect for the most part. When I am on the GTO site I read a lot of Mustang bashing or any non-GM bashing for that matter. I am not brand loyal and have owned brands of all kinds and I buy what I like, I will judge a vehicle by its merit not its brand name. Both cars are great, it looks like I have a tough choice. Great site guys.

slegos888stang said:
you call the magazine drivers pro's :rlaugh: :rlaugh: far from it they are alway the worst numbers possible!! :rlaugh:

I consider Evan Smith a very good driver. He does most of the driving some some of the Brand-specific Magazines.

I could care less about M&T and C&D times. They are always slower.

I was referring to when Evan Smith runs a '05 Gt and runs a rediculous time like 13.1 with it bone stock. I just want to know what the average driver on the street would run.

Mustang5L5 said:
I could care less about M&T and C&D times. They are always slower.
So is the average driver. They're probably closer to what the truly average driver would get.
Also, most of the time, when you see a REALLY low and unbelievable time for a "stock" car, they're usually leaving some details out. They have a very loose definition of stock.
I know a guy who claims he has a "stock" 96 Cobra and he can outrun the 03/04 Cobra. IF he can, it's NOT stock.

Jason

Dark Knight 63 said:
Why do the GTO guys come in on almost every thread and try and to stir up the 05 GT guys? I am in the market for a new ride and have it narrowed down to an 05 GTO and an 05 GT and visit multiple sites to get info, but I must say the Mustang guys are much more civilized and when speaking of the GTO do so with respect for the most part. When I am on the GTO site I read a lot of Mustang bashing or any non-GM bashing for that matter. I am not brand loyal and have owned brands of all kinds and I buy what I like, I will judge a vehicle by its merit not its brand name. Both cars are great, it looks like I have a tough choice. Great site guys.
Because, by and large, and even though they project the image onto owner's of other vehicles, it seems many GTO owners attempt to be elitists. Obviously, it's not all of them. I have a good friend with an imulse blue A4 GTO who is quite the opposite.
They're here to convince you that their car is better. Doesn't matter if it's slower than a Cobra...the interior is nicer. Doesn't matter if the interior in the '05 is nicer...the '05 is slower. When the Mach's, Bosses and Cobras hit the street in the next year or so...they'll have another position on which to rely.
S.

GTP2GTO said:
Post the timeslip... Come on, no excuses....

BTW: Thats a dang low trap speed. These things must really die out up top...

You must be a LS1tech.com reject or something. What's the matter, they don't want you over there, or you just don't have anything else better to do...?

Cobra-Master said:
You must be a LS1tech.com reject or something. What's the matter, they don't want you over there, or you just don't have anything else better to do...?
I want to see pics of the troll's Cobra or GTO. Otherwise, I think he's full of ***** about owning either one.
:rlaugh: :lol:
The GTO trolls are going to have a hard time making excuses for all the mid-13 second '05's that will soon be out there.
S.