Some updates on my new 78mm BBK Throttle Intake and dyno situation

So my car was dynoed today... Here are the numbers from several runs. The car was running extremely lean at WOT, so the initial numbers were low.

Baseline: 238whp/242tq
After making some tweaks with my Xcal 3 to fix the AFR: 245whp/282tq
After installing the BBK Throttle Intake: 242whp/279tq

Now, the car is still running a bit lean, which is why I lost 3whp/3tq with the 78mm TB on, untuned. Feeding more air into the motor isn't helping the AFR, obviously. The car will be getting a complete dyno tune on Monday with the new BBK part on, so I'm hoping after that I'll gain a bit since as of now all the tuning was done off of my handheld.

Final note: The guy who claimed to pick up 10rwhp off of the BBK 78mm Throttle Intake (without a tune, mind you) must have been a little full of it. Like I said, I lost 3whp/3tq by simply installing the piece without a proper tune for it.

That aside, I'll keep you guys updated with numbers after the full dyno tune is performed on the car. I'm glad that I at least picked up almost 40ft-lbs out of it, though. I can't believe it was that low! Plus, I got my Terminator bumper on last night, I'll have pics soon! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

this is what I have been preaching for 8 years.

I lost something like 1hp with the 70mmtb over the stock unit on my 98 with pi heads.

Thanks for the info and giving us some feedback. Hopefully, your tuner will squeeze another 5-7hp out of it

wow that was a revelation. i didnt get a dyno tune but i put the tb plenum combo on and redid my Eliminator chip tunes with the new mods and picked up some more power. i havent done a good run at the track though since.

cant wait to see what it looks like after the dyno tune. good luck

The car I know of that made near 10RWHP is also making near 350RWHP NA so maybe your closer to stock motor doesn't need it. What CAI are you running? His car has a JLT which is a big monster intake system.

I knew that would loose HP? There was someone on here claming +10HP gain? Him an his friend had the same results? Even posted a "DYNO" sheet too?:shrug:

that was me, it was my brothers car. Im getting ready to install a ton of stuff on my car, I have easy access to a dyno, so Im going to take off my tb and plenum and see if I lose power. Also have a BBK 78mm to install so I can do that this weekend if needed. I can take pics, videos, dyno sheets what ever you guys want.

that was me, it was my brothers car. Im getting ready to install a ton of stuff on my car, I have easy access to a dyno, so Im going to take off my tb and plenum and see if I lose power. Also have a BBK 78mm to install so I can do that this weekend if needed. I can take pics, videos, dyno sheets what ever you guys want.

I'd appreciate that, thanks. Like I said, this isn't finished yet as a full dyno tune is complete to come.

BTW - I have a C&L 80mm intake and MAF.